Mophie Outride Aims to Turn the iPhone Into an Action Sports Camera
Mophie today debuted 'OUTRIDE', an action sports camera solution to record and share video using the iPhone.
OUTRIDE eliminates the need for dedicated video or camera devices, which add bulk and can cost upwards of $300, by harnessing the existing features of the iPhone and adding the hardware and software for outstanding, all-in-one filming, editing and sharing. OUTRIDE hardware is waterproof and impact resistant and comes bundled with a variety of custom mounts to capture action shots in the surf, snow, dirt or concrete.
"With the ever-growing action sports market, and our success in developing ruggedized products for those rough-and-tough tech users, we felt we were ready to design and develop a product that would take the iPhone and its camera capabilities to its limits," said Ross Howe, vice president of marketing at mophie. "While the action sports community has a lot of camera and video options to choose from, they weren't able to share their moments with the community in real time. OUTRIDE gives the action sports community these capabilities in a durable, compact, quality and cost-efficient way."
● High-impact, water-proof and lightweight polycarbonate housing protects the iPhone in any scenario
● Modular quick-release mounting system allows recording at any angle and attachment to any surface on a variety of sports equipment
● Wide angle lens is optimized for recording action sports
● "Lights, Camera, Action!" - Whether you have a passion for surfing, motocross or skate, there is an OUTRIDE mounting kit that will fit your sport.
● Capture, View and Share - Free on the iTunes store, the OUTRIDE app is a place for the action sports community to search and share videos from around the globe, on-the-go:
● Personal Profile - Get started by uploading a profile picture and adding in your location. From the personalized profile, users can view captured videos and photos, find and follow friends, and customize categories
● Capture - Allows the user to shoot both vertically or horizontally
● View-Custom settings allows for a unique viewing experience, and provides notifications of "friends" updates
● Share-Community - based sharing allows users to discover new users and connect with the "mophie" community within the app and through other social networks
OUTRIDE bundles range from $129.95 to $149.95 and will be available in mid-September.