Casio Releases G-SHOCK Watch That Communications With iPhone Using Bluetooth
Casio has released a the GB-6900AA, a shock-resistant watch that communicates with the iPhone via Bluetooth v4.0.
The G-SHOCK line of watches is always evolving in terms of technology and performance innovation. This time, G-SHOCK has taken another step forward by incorporating Bluetooth v4.0 into this new model, which features the round-shaped design popular in the G-SHOCK brand around the world.
This new watch communicates with the iPhone to perform various functions such as notifying the wearer of incoming calls and enabling iPhone alarm and vibration functions from the watch button. In addition, the watch can automatically adjust itself to exact time according to different time zones by synchronizing itself to time data received from the iPhone.
The GB-6900AA is finished with other features and styling to represent its technological advancement, including a high-brightness LED backlight and a special "G" logo indicating compatibility with Bluetooth v4.0 technology. It will be released in five different colors.
iPhone 4S Mobile Link Features:
● Notification of incoming calls via the watch
● Finder function to enable iPhone alarm and vibration functions from the watch
● Warning vibration when the watch loses its connection to the iPhone
● Automatic time correction by synchronizing with time data received from the iPhone
● Built-in tilt sensor to detect movement in the watch to automatically reconnect to the iPhone
U.S. pricing or availability hasn't be announced yet but The Verge reports the GB-6900AA and GB-5600AA will be available in Japan for ¥18,000 (about $230) in October and November, respectively.