iFixit Teardown of the new Apple EarPods
iFixit has performed a teardown of the new Apple EarPods.
After three years of research and development, Apple has released the newest version of their popular headphones, now dubbed "EarPods." Join us as we crack these pods open and take a look at what three years of R & D can accomplish.
● Model number of MD827LL/A
● Totally redesigned shape, main speaker port faces forward, rather than directly into your ear canal.
● The new remote design includes larger cable wrapping near the remote
● The new EarPods have a more sealed and secured control board
● The voice coil is supported by a composite diaphragm made of a paper cone and a polymer surround. Previously a plastic cone was used.
Take a look at a few images below or hit the link for the entire teardown.
Read More [via Adam]