November 26, 2022
Geohot Shuts Down His iPhone Blog, Twitter Account [Update]

Geohot Shuts Down His iPhone Blog, Twitter Account [Update]

Posted July 13, 2010 at 2:41am · 82 comments · Add Comment
joe
joe - July 13, 2010 at 1:11am
He made a final tweet before shutting down his twitter account. I failed to screenshot it, but it said something like "follow @mikecohenn for further updates on jailbreaking"
omar
omar - July 13, 2010 at 1:06am
so dramatic!!!! =))
K
K - July 13, 2010 at 12:03am
Might be a dumb question and kind of hopeful. What did geohot mean in the article by "It’s late tonight, I’ll think about what to do about this in the morning." Do you think he's releasing the jailbreak tomorrow? I am not asking for one nor a timeline. I have Iphone 3GS new bootrom jailbreaked at 3.1.3 with spirit and I am perfectly fine with it.
Kingsford
Kingsford - July 13, 2010 at 10:06am
Obviously not since he shut down his twitter too. After staying up all night drinking red bull and talking in robot voices with his friends on the phone, he decided not to.
RIP Geohot
RIP Geohot - July 12, 2010 at 11:55pm
Here's the facts by me... he was one the best to come along and make JB assecible to the masses. Simple click and install... but he couldve just faded from the scene like most software cracker teams. Oxygen, Radium... they just stopped. No post about we cracked this program but we decided to keep it. What the hell was that... hopefully a break away from the scen will help him focus on what he got into the scene for. If it's a job at Apple... cool. Hell, iOS damn near has all the features i JB for anyways except access to cracked .ipas and I've bought most of them that I loved. R.I.P. Geohot but even Jordan nor JayZ could stay retired. When you're great you'll come back and show the new genz how it's done.
R
R - July 12, 2010 at 11:35pm
Even if it turned out he wasn't actually hired by Apple as G says, I can't blame Geohot for stopping incremental progress reports. I'll take the iPhone4 jailbreak whenever it's ready. If the exploit using redn0w for jailbreak and ultrasn0w for unlock had been distributed before the release of iOS4, Apple would have likely closed the loophole. There is no rule that says Geohot has to follow any schedule. This is freeware. A lot of work goes into finding these exploits, and I for one appreciate Geohot and the others that have dedicated their time and resources so I can keep upgrading, unlocking and jailbreaking with little or no effort. I'd hate to lose a good iPhone hacker, but if apple DID hire him, more power to him.
Geo Hater
Geo Hater - July 12, 2010 at 11:10pm
yea, he gonna fuck your girl friend. so shut the fuck up
jay dough
jay dough - July 12, 2010 at 11:39pm
Fuck my girl? Not gonna happen, My game's tight. And you tryin' to talk shit over the internet just shows me why you would say something like that. Your a lame ass sucka punk, simp ass, hen pecked, bitchmade hook.... You couldn't knock a bitch and get ur dick wet if that was the only task saving your pathetic life.. Don't trip, I can let you borrow a bitch if you got some Franklins!! lol....you're lucky this internet shit is anonymous, I would go to where your from and take videos of me and my boys runnin a train on that fat bitch that drives the geo metro that your in love with and never kissed...' hahaha FAGGOT!...
Parole Officer
Parole Officer - July 12, 2010 at 11:56pm
Don't worry guys, his parole hearing is coming up and this attitude isn't helping. I'll see to it that he gets another 6 years for vile, vicious, self-righteous behavior. His mom was getting lonely in her cell anyway. Ouch :)
Geo Hater
Geo Hater - July 13, 2010 at 12:26am
hahahaha... shame on you, you just type so long, i didnt even read it.. LOL ....
Manuel
Manuel - July 12, 2010 at 11:00pm
If you want people to take you seriously and actually read your post, please avoid writing in capitals. You are just coming off as rude and disrespectful. That said, I would like to explain why I disagree with you. I am awfully thankful thankful for what he did for the iPhone community, and what he allowed me to do with my iPhone. Still, to post about having an exploit ready and saying that he doesn't want to release for no reason is undeniably childish. I understand how many questions he must have been receiving from people who are new to jailbreaking, but just remember that we were all once "noobs". Besides, nobody forced him to start working on the iPhone. He did it of his own accord. Once again, I am thankful for that, but that does not make it acceptable for him to tease people about having a jailbreaking tool, and then saying that every time somebody asks him about it, he wants to release it a bit less.
geohot haters
geohot haters - July 12, 2010 at 11:09pm
agreed with the poster above me, maybe he is stupid like geohot, doesnt know how to turn off the caps lock. shame on you :)
Mike
Mike - July 12, 2010 at 11:31pm
Um, zibri and geohot are not similar at all. Zibri stole the work of a team of people and released it on his own. He 'quit' the scene because he was not capable of producing any hacks of his own. Geohot is an unquestioned genius and has single handedly created many of the tools we have enjoyed throughout the years.
G
G - July 12, 2010 at 10:53pm
You guys do realize that Geohot accepted a job with Apple about 3 weeks ago. That is the reason for no jailbreak and for privatizing his blog and twitter account. He's working against the dev team now and that is what is taking Comex and dev team so long to make a jailbreak.
Chris
Chris - July 12, 2010 at 10:41pm
Boo Hoo.... People keep asking me for Jailbreaks..... Boo Hoo. Enough already, nobody cares you sniveling little prick. Kill yourself and be done with it, I'm sick and tired of hearing you complain about your fans asking you for help. You should have been stillborn. You'll be replaced and forgotten overnight with another geek. Then what? That's right.... We'll still remember you were a tool. Deal with it child.
qamki