December 9, 2022
Auto3G Extends Your iPhone Battery Life By Switching 3G Off During Standby

Auto3G Extends Your iPhone Battery Life By Switching 3G Off During Standby

Posted August 30, 2010 at 11:50am · 44 comments · Add Comment
Philip
Philip - August 30, 2010 at 4:19pm
Saying it increases 100% battery life is WRONG. Apple says you have 14 hours 2G and 7 hours 3G during TALK TIME. Not standby. If this pputs the phone in 2G during standby and NOT talk time, how is it supposed to be any benefit from the 14/7 hours statement? Every single minute you spend talking will be on 3G.
Max
Max - August 30, 2010 at 4:18pm
Does anybody tried it with backgrouder app and try to download hack apps from installous and when u turn off ur iphone, does it cut off also the downloading. The reason im asking it coz i usually do it to conserve battery when im downloading espicially right now that file dude runs like a turtle.
subarurider
subarurider - August 31, 2010 at 10:09am
You have the time out option to stay longer time on 3G even with the phone locked.
soller
soller - August 30, 2010 at 3:53pm
I want the same thing with Bluetooth I only need bt in the car and in the car the phone always on the charger, so when charging the phone bt is on, and off on disconnect.
D-Man
D-Man - August 30, 2010 at 3:45pm
Does this also turn WiFi off?
Nick
Nick - August 30, 2010 at 3:50pm
The iPhone automatically turns off Wi-Fi when it's on standby.
Frank
Frank - August 30, 2010 at 3:28pm
I just use the 3G toggle on sbsettings. I leave my phone on edge and toggle to 3G if i want to use safari etc. My battery can last for 2 days with normal usage. 3GS on 4.0.1.
iHots
iHots - August 30, 2010 at 11:14pm
I strongly agree with you. Just one tap from sbsetting toggle for $6...sigh. Note that sbsetting can be run on lockscreen. I just tap the sbsetting on before I slide to unlock
iPhone Blogr
iPhone Blogr - August 30, 2010 at 2:23pm
Wouldn't even think about downloading this even if it were free.... if 3g is turned off in standby how are you supposeed to know if you are getting a call or a text message? Kinda defeats the purpose of having a phone if people can't get ahold of you right? Might as well just buy an iPod Touch.
iPhone Blogr
iPhone Blogr - August 30, 2010 at 2:25pm
Not to mention, you could easily produce the same result for free by using the Airplane Mode sbsettings toggle to disable 3g whenever you don't need it.
kloquewerk
kloquewerk - August 30, 2010 at 2:26pm
It doesn't say it disables the phone, it says it disables 3G. Turn your 3G off, if u even have an iPhone, and try to text or make a call. Magic, right? SMH
Nick
Nick - August 30, 2010 at 2:28pm
You're completely misunderstanding this. It turns off 3G only, which means the iPhone will still be on the Edge network, so your iPhone is still connected to the network and you'll still get everything you normally would, it will use less battery because Edge doesn't suck up as much power as 3G does. Do you understand this now?
iPhone Blogr
iPhone Blogr - August 30, 2010 at 2:40pm
Yes, I understand, I still don't see how this warrants a $6 pricetag..... I have multiple Cydia apps that are 100x more useful than this and didn't cost a penny. Greedy developers are just asking to get their apps cracked.
Nick
Nick - August 30, 2010 at 2:50pm
I'm right there with you, I would pay $2 or $3 for this because it will save a decent amount of battery life, but $6 is way too much for this.
carlos perez
carlos perez - August 30, 2010 at 4:27pm
jajajajaj duuude do yo even know how a cell phone works??? the fact that it is on edge does not stop the phone from receiving texts or calls!
iPhone Blogr
iPhone Blogr - August 30, 2010 at 5:29pm
Did you even read the previous comments before you posted your douchebag reply?
subarurider
subarurider - August 31, 2010 at 10:12am
3g/2g does not make a difference on telephone calls or SMS, 3G is a faster way of surfing the internet or downloading files or app.
subarurider
subarurider - August 31, 2010 at 10:19am
You really don't know much about how your telephone works, if you are using airplane mode then you do not have any service at all, not 3g or 2g or Wifi
kas23
kas23 - August 30, 2010 at 12:58pm
Won't people start to miss calls when their phone is on standby?
Todd
Todd - August 30, 2010 at 1:10pm
No, 3G is used for data. 2G will accept calls just fine
Nick
Nick - August 30, 2010 at 12:54pm
I agree with you guys, I think that $2 or $3 would be acceptable for this app, but $6 is way too much.
Notnow
Notnow - August 30, 2010 at 12:37pm
I was going to download it but $6? Is it me or are the jailbreak apps becoming expensive? Not saying they should be free just saying $4 Herr, $2 buck there and so in is starting to add up.
byronchurch
byronchurch - August 30, 2010 at 12:29pm
Good idea but why would this warrant $6.00 ?
hulu
hulu - August 30, 2010 at 1:53pm
I get no idea, they might compare to TomTom, which turns the 3G on all the time even during the iPhone's sleep mode, sold at $60. Do the (fuzzy) math please! $6 is tenth fold cheaper than $60. One switches OFF what the other one switches ON. LOL