December 9, 2022
How to Install Android on Your iPhone 2G, 3G Using Bootlace

How to Install Android on Your iPhone 2G, 3G Using Bootlace

Posted November 9, 2010 at 9:34pm · 30 comments · Add Comment
HO
HO - November 10, 2010 at 12:07am
...hmmm...thx, for the quick reviews, I guess I'll keep my eye on it for the future releases, it's promising to have options since I know at some point Mapple will just drop the 3G and ppl I know will ask me what to do, I wish I can say "oh well, just put some good old Android!!!"
modi
modi - November 9, 2010 at 11:51pm
I have tried this many times but keep getting the error "Kernel does not match any compatible jailbreaks. Jailbreak with redsn0w, Pwnage Tool and try again" when i try and open BootlaceI have a iPhone 3G 4.1 Jailbroken with redsn0w 0.9.6b2. Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Please help, Thanks
name
name - November 10, 2010 at 9:15am
You will need to re-jailbreak with redsn0w 0.9.6b1. Bootlace doesn't currenlty work with b2
Sean
Sean - November 10, 2010 at 12:43pm
yeh im getting the same thing, ive read that the person that mad it is trying to fix the problem.
HO
HO - November 9, 2010 at 10:01pm
Is it possible for somebody to make or point to a brief review of how it works, what works, applications, etc. I really want to c, if using android will make a better use of the device itself instead of the iPhone OS.
izit
izit - November 9, 2010 at 10:06pm
I installed it on my 3g yesterday, the os is very buggy. won't read my sim, made the iphone super warm. The only app that i've tried was the camera but it kept on crashing. The unlock screen is very unresponsive. NOT worth going thru all the trouble...
Drak
Drak - November 10, 2010 at 9:10am
What trouble.. this cydia app does everything for you.. LOL
ktula
ktula - November 10, 2010 at 11:35pm
I second that warm comment. Some process/es is definitely running that is making the phone very warm and draining its battery. Not sure how one installs additional app since the Android Marketplace is not installed. There also does not appear to be a way to configure Contacts/Calendar sync without using Exchange.
Cambuy
Cambuy - November 9, 2010 at 9:48pm
Hey this can be reverted? and what i need to revert it?
Darren
Darren - November 9, 2010 at 9:52pm
From what i understand mate you can boot into both, it doesnt wipe the ios off
izit
izit - November 9, 2010 at 10:10pm
yes you can remove it in iso whenever you log into the phone.
Darren
Darren - November 9, 2010 at 9:45pm
Can we expect an iphone 4 friendly version?
Skalzna
Skalzna - November 10, 2010 at 1:44am
Will this ever come to the iphone 3gs?
name
name - November 10, 2010 at 9:18am
3GS and iPhone4 have new bootrom that needs to be hacked first. No exploit - no Android (and no custom bootlogos).