January 29, 2023

How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.x.x 2G iPhone (Mac) [Updated 2.2.1]

Posted January 30, 2009 at 12:20pm · 642 comments · Add Comment
Rohan Maheshwari
Rohan Maheshwari - May 27, 2009 at 5:38am
I upgraded my iphone software using this , ... and then my sim card stops to work , and it shows "NO SERVICE" .... why does this happen and what can i do :S... sme1 plz help
erfan
erfan - August 26, 2009 at 12:59am
i have the same problem, did you manage to fix it?
pht-fxr
pht-fxr - May 24, 2009 at 10:53am
Accidentally updated my iPhone 2G software to 2.2.1 and then lost all my iPhone functionality. Had tried several other methods of unlocking and jailbreaking and wasted countless hours trying to get the iPhone working again but this was the ONLY ONE that did it without a hitch and exactly as described in the video. Thanks!!!
rramnel
rramnel - May 10, 2009 at 9:18pm
For guys using the new macbook running 10.5.6, use a USB hub. iTunes does not give a 2001 error and detects the phone in DFU mode when a USB hub is used.
Diego Quiros
Diego Quiros - April 27, 2009 at 6:05pm
Ok defintely DO NOT USE a Mac from 2008. Scared the sh out of me, thought my phone was bricked. I read the comments (most useful) and what worked for me was Quickpwn in a non2008 laptop mac, then normal restore (without the power and home button schezz) of the ipsw file created from Pwnage Tool. They should warn everybody!! After that it was cream over berries!!! (it was smooth i mean...)
Murthy
Murthy - April 27, 2009 at 1:14pm
hello! thank u for the procedure but im having a problem with the QUICKPWN.EXE could anyone please help me out .Actually im getting an error mesage whenever i open the file
brandyn Clark
brandyn Clark - April 21, 2009 at 8:29pm
why does my iPhone1,1_2.2.1_5H1_Restore.ipsw file look diferrent?
diego
diego - May 10, 2009 at 9:27pm
you have to download it with firefox, cause safari decompresses it automatically into a folder. If firefox doesn´t work try a download manager (like Download Manager).
Carles
Carles - April 21, 2009 at 8:53am
i've messed up! i arrived to step eleven but then at the end the red advertisment appear "Failed to enter DFU mode. Do you like to try again?" before saying yes I unplugged my iphone.. no it doesnt turn on... what can i do!?? heeelp!! plz!
Markus
Markus - April 25, 2009 at 2:54pm
Try going to http://how-to-unlock-your-iphone.blogspot.com/ to get iPhone unlocking codes
nuraizarose
nuraizarose - May 13, 2009 at 7:54am
Hi carles.. i have the same problem as yours. any solution? Plzz help.. my phone wont even turn on.. helpppp!
maurizio
maurizio - April 19, 2009 at 11:48am
Done and it worked perfectly, starting from a ziphone-ed 1.1.4. It is now working perfectly, despite having not asked for bootloaders recognition. Thanks very much for the tutorial.
sparky_clarke
sparky_clarke - April 17, 2009 at 8:06am
I'm a massive fan of my iPhone and have a O2 account which I'm very happy with. This may sound really stupid but I'm going to ask anyway. If I Jailbreak my iPhone 3G will it mess up my contract or indeed future updates like v.3 software? I'm a expert .OS X user so the procedure posted here looks very well and may I say how well it is explained. Any advice would be welcome. I was thinking of testing the process on my iPod Touch but I advise from here first. Thanks, Nick
Melissa
Melissa - April 17, 2009 at 8:13am
It messed up one of my iPhones, so I'd proceed with caution. I did successfully jailbreak one, but I can only get a screen with the itunes icon and usb port and can't get ANYTHING else on the other one.
Diego
Diego - May 10, 2009 at 9:31pm
I´d try to quickpwn it in windows. Same thing happened to me, 2 iphones one succeeded and one fail and had to do it in windows and worked nicely. Even after taht, i wanted to do the whole process again, and the iphone that once worked with mac, didn´t the second time and had to do it in windows which again worked nicely. I don´t know why.
XIV
XIV - April 17, 2009 at 8:00am
Just followed instructions exactly, updated 2G iphone onto the 2.2.1 firmware & it worked perfectly first time thanks!