RiP Dev Announces Lightweight Alternative to Cydia

RiP Dev Announces Lightweight Alternative to Cydia

big fish casino cheats - February 19, 2015 at 6:36am
All your thoughts related to what the visitors wanted is awesome.Thanks for all these you have provided.consider our web blog also for big fish casino cheats at no any effort.
credit loans - June 12, 2012 at 6:38pm
Cars and houses are expensive and not everybody can buy it. But, mortgage loans goodfinance-blog.com are invented to help different people in such kind of situations.
Nina - July 1, 2009 at 1:34am
I was never a fan of Cydia so I have zero interest in Icy. Don\'t have it installed and never plan to install it. I\'d rather be patient and use an app I trust 100% than have an app work 1.5 minutes faster but then have to deal with complications later and speed 10x that fixing it. THANK U Jay for EVERYTHING u do for the community. I appreciate u and its unfortunate that the ones who call you \"insecure\" and a \"dick\" are to ignorant to know what and how much you do for jailbreakers. Thank you for Mobile Substarte, Winterboard, Cycorder, and everything else!! Especially thank you for being on top of what you create and fixes bugs as quickly as possible. So many developers sleep on apps after they create them.
Nina - July 1, 2009 at 1:36am
TYPO: I meant to say I was never a fan of INSTALLER not Cydia. and English is not my first language so sorry for all other typos :)
demesne - March 30, 2009 at 11:30am
I don\'t get the rational behind Icy.. They could have helped improve cydia instead.. The only good outcome of this i feel is .. shaurik will make cydia even better !! cheers :)
Ptpooh - March 30, 2009 at 7:04am
Does not work on my phone. I install it from cydia, i get the icon in springboard but when i select it open and close the apllication. Not working. I tried to reinstall, and the same thing happen. Try to remove, but i gat a message saying that will remove files needed to iphone to work correctly. I restore my phone with the 2.2.1 firmware, but i get the same thing. It open and then close automatically. Thanks
Cyber Mafia - March 30, 2009 at 3:14am
Got another news Rip Dev is secretly powered by group called WnW Group. and this group host and store all the sqlite info in there Data Center located in New York.
N41 - March 29, 2009 at 8:34pm
Must say, its working pretty well so far. N41
anthonycr - March 29, 2009 at 4:18pm
I was wondering how to get Icy? I have a jailbroken iPhone 3G with Cydia and Installer (do i just download it from Cydia or where?)
Devin - March 29, 2009 at 3:51pm
Cydia has worked perfectly fine for me.. I find no reason for me to install this icyicy program..
Kyle Flanagan - March 30, 2009 at 4:08am
Same here. Somehow, I don\'t find the same motivation to click \'Installer\' every morning like I do with Cydia. So, unless Jay Freeman comes up with a new alternative, I\'ll stay put with Cydia.
cody - March 29, 2009 at 3:11pm
ouch. slammed by saurik. well it looks really cool and clean, i like that it wont take 1min to refresh sources every time i open it up. cydia has gotten really slow and tedious in recent releases. we\'ll see if icy lasts. i, for one, am excited to try it out
Jay Freeman (saurik) - March 29, 2009 at 4:05pm
Cydia has gotten nothing but faster for the last half a year. Some users have gotten confused by the new Reloading Data indication to believe that it is slower, but it used to do the same work /and lock up the user interface while it did it/. That release actually made that process /much/ faster as well. Seriously: I do careful benchmarking of Cydia as I work on it, and I am not making any CDs changes that male it run slower. As for the refresh speed, Icy makes two claims: the first is that it refreshes faster. This I false. For one, Cydia also only downloads updated files (the only program that ever didn\'t do this was Installer). However, Cydia also can use server-side diff indices to only download the one or two new packages when it does download something. Most repositories don\'t use this, but Ste does, for example, and I occasionally have worked with BigBods to get his repository hooked up as well. This is another of those awesome features Icy lost by reimplementing APT. As for the forced refresh, I am looking into better UIs for this. This is actually something that repository owners really appreciate as of means that users don\'t continue to get days old buggy software, something that was really common in the Installer days. I think this as one of the features BigBoss, for example, liked most about Cydia. The repository structure also has the problem that users get weird errors if they have old indices that you can\'t /know/ are due to that underlying problem. That said, I agree that refreshing often when you are on Edge/3G sucks. I am looking into refresh tradeoffa that make sense here.
Cody - March 30, 2009 at 1:22am
I apologize saurik. I didn\'t mean to offend; you\'re right, maybe it is faster but the reloading dialogue definitely gave me the impression we for some reason had a whole \'nother hoop to jump through before getting a package installed. I\'m not a developer and I\'m just driven by whatever is new and shiny. You\'re right to be concerned about icy damaging existing systems; but that being said I think icy is at least trying something new and maybe you could learn a few things from each other. For what it\'s worth, I\'ve championed cydia in the past and have always found it much more intelligently designed than installer ever was. Thanks for all your hard work, really :D. Hopefully all of this stuff gets worked out.