How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your iPhone 2G on OS 3.0.x Using RedSn0w (Mac)

How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your iPhone 2G on OS 3.0.x Using RedSn0w (Mac)

XPIKY28 - December 7, 2009 at 1:12pm
I have a iPhone 2G with a non working power/sleep/hold button, the one on the top and I want to jailbreak/unlock it with Pwange Tool 3.1.4, but how can I put it into DFU mode with out using that button? Pwange Tool 3.1.4 requires to put in DFU mode, I am open to use another program like Redsnow too have both Mac and PC... .
Luis - November 20, 2009 at 8:04am
Thank you very much guys!! It worked perfectly!! Many Thanks! :D
Cl - November 13, 2009 at 9:08pm
i was waiting for my ipod to reboot... like in the last few instructions. In the part t said jail breaking device- and waiting for reboot. it takes a long time... i guess it\'s over 5 minutes and around...what do i do now? i cannot even turn it on by pressing the button... i tried it O.o please reply to help me :) any replay that helps would end up with a thank you from me XD
cl - November 13, 2009 at 10:44pm
i waited for a long time! and it still hasnt rebooted and wouldnt turn on! please help!
AAGJMB - January 10, 2010 at 1:40am
I too am stuck at the \"Waiting for reboot\" part.
Christian - September 21, 2009 at 3:23pm
does it work with itunes 9????
yasin - September 18, 2009 at 1:13pm
IT WONT FINGD MY IHPONE AFTER I PUT IT INTO DFU MODE
dtown218 - September 12, 2009 at 1:13am
i follow this guide exactly and everything works but when i put in a sim card it says no service? can anyone help me ive been trying to do this for a week now..
frikec - September 7, 2009 at 3:37pm
The URL for BL-36.bin doesn\'t work ... have anyone mirror for this? Thanks!
john - September 3, 2009 at 10:41am
my friend gave me his 2g iphone which he accidently updated to 3.0.1 (not sure if 3.0 or 3.0.1 but its one of those 2) and well my question is when i connect the iphone to the computer itunes wont even let me get to step 2 (restoring part). its ask me to register the phone and so on. So how do i even get to step 2?? any help is much appreciated. thanks
Klette - September 2, 2009 at 2:21pm
i have updated my 2g from 1.1.4. to 3.0.1 everything worked all right till i checked the app for cydia. after this the phone went black and the apple appeared. after the battery went flat nothing is working any more. can anybody help ?
gusgus - August 22, 2009 at 11:38am
Trying to update 2g to 3.0.1 but at step 6 I get \"Unable to recognize specified IPSW\". I am able to successfully update to 3.0 though. All were downloaded using Firefox on mac. What\'s up with 3.0.1? In any event, thanks iclarified for these tutes!
Louis - August 26, 2009 at 6:46am
The instructions state to follow the rest of the guide as indicated; which roughly means you restore in iTunes using 3.0.1 (iPhone1,1_3.0.1_7A400_Restore.ipsw) but then when RedSn0w asks for the IPSW to verify, browse to the 3.0.0 IPSW file (iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw). Hope this helps!
tomadarsh - August 31, 2009 at 3:28pm
BL 3.9 - link is not working, can u recheck that. Is it possible to jailbreak/unlock iphone 3gs 3.0.1 .