How to Capture Your iPhone 3GS iBEC and iBSS (Mac) [Updated]

How to Capture Your iPhone 3GS iBEC and iBSS (Mac) [Updated]

loan - June 22, 2012 at 3:31pm
I took 1 st loan when I was 20 and that helped me very much. Nevertheless, I require the student loan over again.
nerv - October 10, 2009 at 5:15pm
hmm, i think it would be great big hint for everyone, that this move isn\'t possible anymore, since apple only let us restore with 3.1, right?!!!!!!! or can we extract the ibec/ibss from a custom made 3.1 made with pwnage 313? i love the guides from iclarified, but it\'s much to unclearly with all the non actual guides......
quajo373 - October 18, 2009 at 4:00am
hi guys i tried to use this method for 30gb iphone 3gs on 3.0.1 but it keeps saying firmware is not eligible for this device. any ideas, iC pls help
Ivan Kolev - September 14, 2009 at 5:03pm
I have just followed the steps but i don\'t get these 2 files. Anyway when the extracting is finished it appears an alert massage which says restoration cannot be completed. I\'ve got iphone 3gs which had been unlocked and jailbroken before i accidentely updated it to 3.1. I use itunes 9 on snow leopard 10.6.1. Beside this if i try to generate these files using purplera1n , nothing again ... it appears a massage \"something went wrong...\" Does anyone have any suggestions why is that?
Khal - September 10, 2009 at 2:19pm
Is there any chance to capture the iBEC and iBSS if I have my iPhone updated to 3.0.1 firmware?
RtheDuke - August 22, 2009 at 11:11am
Thanks. It worked perfectly with my 3Gs on 3.0.1 directly. iClarified is my Number ONE, always :sharp and clean instructions . Thanks a lot to all TEAM !
mulek - September 12, 2009 at 12:24pm
by \'worked well on my 3GS w/ 3.0.1\' did you use the 3.0 or 3.0.1 ipsw while restoring? I also have a 3GS with 3.0.1 in it
Ryuuga - August 9, 2009 at 10:39am
Thanks a lot pal, I didn\'t even know that the DFU mode existed, that\'s why I couldn\'t get the IBSS file right away (was doing it in Recovery mode...). Very nice tutorial, keep the good work! =)
james - August 8, 2009 at 2:22pm
Is it OK to then update to 3.1?.. or will the two files become useless?
phoney - August 5, 2009 at 3:51pm
I could only retrieve the ibec file and couldn\'t get the ibss file using the terminal script. Running the script as root fixed the problem and I got both files straight away (don\'t forget to replace the ~ with a path to your home directory)
dosan - August 25, 2009 at 11:52pm
Thanks, this really helps, i did it several times but never quite get the ibss file... i was pulling my hair until I saw your post.. did it as root and replaced the ~ with /Users//Desktop/Pwnage works....
TUK - August 2, 2009 at 4:00pm
My 3GS phone recently died, and I have had to replace it. When I tried to DFU to get the iBEC and iBSS files, using a Mac running itunes 8.2.1 and the terminal script method, I succeeded in getting the files but when the phone tried to authorise with Apple\'s activation servers it failed with the message \"Unsupported Carrier/SIM\" etc. I have (had!) a legitimately purchased and activated account, and I have now tried this procedure with several replacement phones. Each of these phones was obtained from the Apple Store, and was successfully activated with my SIM, in the store. Each time I got it home and tried to DFU it to get the iBEC and iBSS files off it, it was totally bricked at the end of the restore process because iTunes refuses to re-activate it. The same result, every time. The phone restores, and when it does, it won\'t recognise the legitimate SIM card, or indeed any iPhone SIM card. DFU-ing and restoring it again doesn\'t help. It won\'t re-activate. Period! Even after a factory reset. I have tried going back to iTunes 8.2 instead of 8.2.1, with a fresh phone from the Apple Store, which WAS activated in-store successfully (as were each of them - I\'ve tried 5 replacements now!) and got the same result. Can anyone shed any light on WTF is going on??
mz - August 23, 2009 at 2:04pm
FUD
Branko - July 21, 2009 at 3:54am
I\'ve followed the instructions provided, all worked well as far as the files are concerned, however I only got one file; iBEC.n88ap.RELEASE.dfu. Should I redo the process or something else I can do to get the iBESS file? Also this only captures the iBEC and iBSS files, it doesn\'t actually unlock the phone right? Do I still need to use ultrasn0w or whichever one to unlock the phone using MacBook Pro? Thanks