September 29, 2022
Some iPhone and iPad Users Are Having Touch ID Problems With iOS 9.1

Some iPhone and iPad Users Are Having Touch ID Problems With iOS 9.1

Posted November 6, 2015 at 4:54pm · 30 comments · Add Comment
bosuil
bosuil - November 7, 2015 at 8:11am
Iphone 6s, sometimes the touch ID doesn't work at all, I have to put in manually the login code and then it works fine again for a few day's.
hold on
hold on - November 6, 2015 at 10:44pm
I have an iPhone 6s Plus and an iPad Air 2. I am not experiencing or have not experienced any Touch ID issues with either device. I have noticed when people I know update OTA they have issues. I choose to always update via iTunes and hence have not had any of these problems I keep reading about. So my advise to all having software problems: try installing a fresh iOS firmware with iTunes, set up the device as new and from that point update with iTunes.
Sidharth
Sidharth - November 6, 2015 at 8:22pm
I am having issues with my camera, everytime i open it, the view hangs for around a minute and then become clear.
Wi to low
Wi to low - November 6, 2015 at 8:16pm
Not having issues with Touch ID but I am having issues with sound intermittently not working causing me to restart my phone to get sound back.
Sachin
Sachin - November 6, 2015 at 6:22pm
I have a iPhone 6 with iOS 9.1 and having problems since iOS 8. Just did a fresh install last week so let's see how long it lasts. Normally not more than 10-15 days
 Ren
Ren - November 6, 2015 at 6:11pm
I own a 5s and works perfectly. Not once did it read my fingers incorrectly.
Crock
Crock - November 6, 2015 at 6:20pm
Really? Wow first time I know it can READ FINGERS... LOOOOOL
 Ren
Ren - November 6, 2015 at 6:28pm
Did I forget to mention SINCE launch of the 5s?
 Ren
Ren - November 6, 2015 at 6:28pm
LAWLOLAWLOLAWLOLAWL
Rick Grimes
Rick Grimes - November 6, 2015 at 5:55pm
I have not had any issues on my 6S Plus when it comes to the Touch ID Sensor, But i have issues where the device stops responding and i have to do a hard reset to it. It freezes from time to time as well. I have the 128GB Option so i know storage is not the problem. I think the software update has a few bugs that need to be addressed hopefully in the next update.
- November 6, 2015 at 5:37pm
Yes!!!! I am facing touch id issue since 9.0.2. Iphone 6.
Rudla
Rudla - November 6, 2015 at 5:24pm
I got issue too iphone 5s
Darknesszero
Darknesszero - November 6, 2015 at 5:14pm
I had this issue all the time with my 6s plus on 9.1 and Touch ID is still spotty at times but heavily reduced on 9.2 public beta