Should Apple Embrace the Notch or Hide the Notch [Debate]

Should Apple Embrace the Notch or Hide the Notch [Debate]

Aric - August 3, 2017 at 9:49pm
I don't think it will be any of these options. The home button doesn't need to be circular anymore. It can be a flattened retangle and save space. I think it will be similar to the 4th mock up but the bottom bezel will be thinner and and the same height as the top virtual bezel. Balanced.
Aric - August 3, 2017 at 9:52pm
Only problem is, it might be hard to tap the bottom function bar one handed. I just tried it on my iPhone 6 and my little finger kind of props up the phone when I hold it. Tapping the bottom bezel with my thumb is difficult and my little finger gets in the way.
Captain Tugwash - August 3, 2017 at 9:37pm
My bet is on a MacBook Pro info / function bar related to what you are doing at that time at the top and similar with functions at the bottom.
asd - August 3, 2017 at 9:14pm
Duscisting design, no audio jack, stick to my iphone 6 until now
Pika Pika - August 3, 2017 at 8:57pm
#3
Titan3636 - August 3, 2017 at 7:08pm
it’ll stay black throughout the UI. Also, the home button will have the animated siri in it like on ios11 when you close Siri (also seen on the Siri button on the new Siri watch face.) Clock will be integrated as well somehow on top bar.
Titan3636 - August 3, 2017 at 7:13pm
To see the Siri i’m taking about on ios11 engage Siri from the lock screen but don’t say anything. After her 2nd request saying “ok I’m listening” it’ll go to the “things you can ask me” screen that changes it to what the home button will look like. Pretty awesome animation. That’s appears to be what the bottom portion of the iPhone 8 will look like.
Buddy2 - August 3, 2017 at 6:54pm
It will be interesting to see where Apple decides to put the time.
Marcos Paulo - August 3, 2017 at 6:07pm
A SMARTPHONE THAT DOESN'T SHOW THE CLOCK WTF APPLE?
KURAC - August 4, 2017 at 12:06am
Buy Apple Watch
Dave - August 3, 2017 at 5:53pm
Embrace the notch. Probably not gonna happen but I'm a damn of the second picture. Here's to hoping......
Dave - August 3, 2017 at 5:53pm