Apple Admits to Secretly Slowing Down iPhones, Explains Why

Apple Admits to Secretly Slowing Down iPhones, Explains Why

Omfi - December 21, 2017 at 4:32pm
iPhone 7 slowing and crashing and turning off unexpectedly and glitching out after multiple restore attempts and apple kept sending me away for fresh restores every time I went in for a repair. ????
Vida - December 21, 2017 at 3:20pm
Tim Cook is the freaking reason, volume is what matters to them not quality anymore that’s why they kill The creator
Brick City - December 21, 2017 at 2:53pm
Lol if that was true, then Apple should of said that from the beginning! Rotten Apple!!
Marty Vanek - December 21, 2017 at 2:20pm
I never noticed any slowing down of my iPhone 6s. I guess you need to "bench test" the device to actually see this, which begs the question-So what?
A-non-e-moose - December 21, 2017 at 2:48pm
Cuz you think you are the only that matters and everyone else that does experience the issue don’t? Ok.
F: - December 22, 2017 at 12:15am
You are f..k..g Apple employee. No one believe you.
D4xM4Nx - December 21, 2017 at 10:56am
Hope it'll take a long time until the battery in my iPhone X running iOS 11.1.2 starts showing signs of wear, and AppleCare is still available. No need to notice if the iPhone slows down, it's very easy to detect when a battery has aged by monitoring its drain. What Apple should do with this slowdown debacle however, is give us a switch in settings so we have full control on the feature. My iPhone 6 will be locked on iOS 10.2 if nothing else happens ;)
Reader - December 21, 2017 at 2:48pm
You will be forced to move to the next iOS by Apple. Some apps will not work on iOS 11.2 next year or in 24 months and your iPhone X will be slowly slowed down. Even though this year they announced that their processor is at PC level.
Reader - December 21, 2017 at 2:49pm
More money in their pocket ...
Captain Tugwash - December 21, 2017 at 10:42pm
Same on my older devices and it’s horse crap.. even with a smart battery - it’s slowing...
Fred - December 21, 2017 at 8:30am
Really bad Apple! Is it to ”protect battery” or to make people buy new phones? To me is it definitely the latter that rings the bell!
Bruce McCaskey - December 21, 2017 at 5:41am
My wife and I both traded off our iPhone 6s Plus models for new model X's just a couple of weeks ago. We'd had our 6s Plus models for less than twenty months, but mine had become noticeably slow to open App's and perform certain operations, while hers was slow and also rebooted itself frequently while she used it, typically multiple times each day. Neither of us had heard anything about Apple offering any sort of battery replacement possibilities nor did we have any idea that a degrading battery might be causing our problems. We would have gladly paid to have the batteries replaced if we'd known that they were likely the heart of the problem. Instead we assumed that the demands of the newer iOS required newer model phones to regain satisfactory performance. Apple's decision to slow processor performance to compensate for design/battery issues without informing device owners feels like a breach of trust rather than a benevolent act to keep customer's phones operating.
Betovhs - December 21, 2017 at 5:32am
After upgrading my iPhone 6plus to iOS 11.... it’s went from a decent device that I could use everyday with out nagging about not having the new gen iPhone to a piece of fecal matter materialized into a phone that couldn’t do anything. Even texting was hard, no caller ID (it just displayed the number, after ending the call it’s show the name), lagging, shutting down, not responsive.... i had to upgrade to an iPhone X, but against my will. I didn’t switch to Samsung just because I have to much invested in the iOS universe.
D9 - December 21, 2017 at 3:44am
All I know is that as soon as I upgraded my iPhone 6 from iOS 10.x to iOS 11.x, everything became noticeably slower...opening apps, texting, restarting, pages loading. 11.2 helped a little, but not significantly. As someone whose owned an iPhone since the original, I know when the phone is not working correctly. It may be a bit much to say this is conspiracy actions, but it is shoddy execution, at best. It just feels like an apathetic concern to customers of older products...the very ones who will consider their next purchase based on their current experience.
Shocked, I tell you, shocked! - December 21, 2017 at 1:42am
The article (and comments) are WAY OFF BASE. There is nothing surprising about the phone's performance degrading when the battery has lost functionality. We can quibble about how Apple chose to handle the situation to keep people's phones from just suddenly dying. But it really is a trivial point. The elephant in the room is WHY THE F*CK DOES THE BATTERY GO BAD SO SOON??? Is this intentional to get people to buy new phones? If so, why are people so stupid as to buy a new phone when they can replace the battery for only $79 (out of warranty)