December 9, 2022
How to Jailbreak Your Apple TV Using LiberTV 1.1 (Mac) [tvOS 11.0 - 11.1]

How to Jailbreak Your Apple TV Using LiberTV 1.1 (Mac) [tvOS 11.0 - 11.1]

Posted December 25, 2017 at 8:38pm · 21 comments · Add Comment
Dan
Dan - December 26, 2017 at 2:22am
All I️ use is my Apple TV....f paying for cable packages I️ just use Hulu,Netflix,hbo go ,and amazon prime. All from my Apple TV
Curtixman
Curtixman - December 25, 2017 at 8:48pm
If you’re still waiting to jailbreak an Apple TV, you could, instead of applying this jailbreak, get with the last 5 years and use an Android TV box or a Firestick. The only people who buy Apple TV are people who think they want one only to buy it and have it sit there doing mostly nothing from that point forward.
Droof
Droof - December 25, 2017 at 11:42pm
That’s a very presumptuous comment that Apple TV owners don’t use their devices. I use mine all of the time
Dylan
Dylan - December 26, 2017 at 3:06am
Yeah I used the 3rd generation even without a jailbreak. I finally got rid of it and skipped the 4th generation and went straight to the 4K model. That was a good idea to wait, because I essentially have an iPad Pro 10.5 in a tiny little box. It has a lot more capability than my old one, and will be great for the future since everything will be 4K at that point. I also use mine everyday! Don’t be biased just because you use other devices!
Dylan
Dylan - December 26, 2017 at 3:09am
I think a jailbreak would make it easier to load 3rd party apps onto it to get free movies and TV. Although you can already side load apps like Kodi to get that functionality. This tutorial seems confusing to me because the new Apple TV has no USB C port anymore more. I think you have to transfer the LiberTV via Bluetooth.
Pyro1angel
Pyro1angel - December 26, 2017 at 3:24am
Haha that’s funny because it’s exactly what I did. I have an Android tv while the Apple TV has sat in a closet waiting for a jailbreak.
Curtixman
Curtixman - December 26, 2017 at 3:46pm
Fair enough. There are plenty of people out there dumb enough to spend four times the price for a device with half the functionality simply because it has an Apple on it. Here is a tip; buy a good Android TV box and buy a .30¢ Apple sticker.
shutupuass
shutupuass - December 26, 2017 at 4:43pm
SHUT UP!
Whiskyguy
Whiskyguy - December 27, 2017 at 1:53pm
How do you send the file via Bluetooth?