January 29, 2023
Apple Posts Open Letter to Customers on iPhone Slowdown, Will Offer Battery Replacements for $29

Posted December 28, 2017 at 10:07pm · 30 comments · Add Comment
A-non-e-moose
A-non-e-moose - December 29, 2017 at 5:35am
Sound like a mad drone trying to validate his own “shortcomings” by being a dipshill. You fanboys defending Apple lost badly. Now you’re being a sore loser.
Joe
Joe - December 29, 2017 at 4:47am
Continued: so I said no problem I will now use my ios 10.2 iphone. But my plan failed when it came to my apple watch pairing process, there was a message forcing me to update to the latest ios 11.2.1 to continue further. Apple really pushing me hard and i might give a shot to android world....
Joe
Joe - December 29, 2017 at 4:30am
I have 2 iphone 5S, one on ios10.2 the other on 11.2. They both have same settings and apps. I did a couple test and there is significant performance differences that I would roughly say around 30% like boot time: 45 sec vs 67, same for heavy web content loading.
Alen
Alen - December 29, 2017 at 2:49am
Why they chose to slow down. What if I’m using powerbank along with my device. So this only make sense when I’m in low power mode with less than 20%.
Dennis Tran
Dennis Tran - December 29, 2017 at 2:47am
"We now believe that another contributor to these user experiences is the continued chemical aging of the batteries in older iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s devices, many of which are still running on their original batteries.¨ Oh, this just struck you now as another contributing factor huh?
Come ON . Uodate the your app
Come ON . Uodate the your app - December 29, 2017 at 1:32am
I will not open this app again until it’s updated. You guys are not serious about your users if so many months you do not put the time to update the interface !!!
Chip
Chip - December 29, 2017 at 12:27am
I don't think anyone from some in a place of power reads any of these comments. But do feel free to express yourself.
Mike52
Mike52 - December 29, 2017 at 12:12am
Great. Now, they should a) add a Settings toggle to force an iPhone to stay locked on a weak 3G / 4G connection and b) let us completely disable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth from the lock screen. Until then, Apple hasn't changed my opinion, that it doesn't take the needs of some of its customers seriously. Stop these silly restrictions. No wonder Android users are making fun of iOS users.
Ran07
Ran07 - December 28, 2017 at 10:27pm
Apple has cheated millions of loyal customers on this issue. I have been using iPhone since 3G model and have been experiencing unexpected slowdown everytime the new model is launched. This letter doesn't clarify the underlying issue which is raising a lot of suspicion around Apple operative. Really shame on APPLE for cheating millions of customers.
Zanka
Zanka - December 28, 2017 at 11:55pm
Well I call bs on that. I’ve had a iPhone since 3G and haven’t noticed all this foolishness. It’s a hard sell to say they cheated their customers when customers flock to every phone model every year regardless if they even need it our not lol. Yeah let’s totally act like that doesn’t happen lol. You clearly were harried down and viciously oppressed into buy a new phone by evil Apples trickery and schemes right. Play that tiny violin louder...maybe they’ll pay you guys more to post better nonsense.
Neeraj
Neeraj - December 29, 2017 at 1:00am
Same here. How is this possible that every time a new phone launches with new os, my current phone slow down.
Neeraj
Neeraj - December 29, 2017 at 1:01am
Also since I have upgraded to iPhone X , how would they compensate me for selling my slow iPhone 6plus. ???
Justabrake
Justabrake - December 29, 2017 at 1:16am
I’ve had them since the 3G also my 5S needed a battery change 2 months ago the whole phone was acting up
Deepblue432
Deepblue432 - December 28, 2017 at 10:17pm
Why not just make it easier to replace the battery and not slow the phones down at all.