iPhone Dev-Team Releases Unofficial PwnageTool Bundle for iPhone 3GS

iPhone Dev-Team Releases Unofficial PwnageTool Bundle for iPhone 3GS

Registered users can display a profile image alongside their comment.
You can upload your photo here. If you haven't registered you can do so here
homer7198 - November 29, 2010 at 4:47pm
Once a custom firmware is created and restored without upgrading the baseband, and using redsn0w to jailbreak, wouldn\'t redsn0w upgrade the baseband? I thought 4.2.1 required the newest baseband to even boot? Anyone jailbreak to 4.2.1 without upgrading baseband? I\'ve got a 3gs with 05.12.01. Thanks.
MyBabyDaddy - November 29, 2010 at 7:39pm
Nah! Redsnow doesn\'t upgrade your baseband. There is a box that even let you update to the Ipad 6.15 FW. but the problem a lot of us are having is Cydia is install after Applying the Redsnow jailbreak, but it refuse to load, and Safari only load for a second and close. if you update to the ipad 6.15 BB you can\'t go back, to a lower BB, because now apple check Restore BB version. Sing: MyBabyDaddy
homer7198 - November 29, 2010 at 9:13pm
So let me get this straight. First you apply the bundle and create custom firmware with PwnageTool, then restore from itunes with custom bundle. Afterwards use redsn0w with custom firmware or original firmware?
MyBabyDaddy - November 29, 2010 at 9:41pm
You need to use the original firmware.. if you pick the custom Redsnow will say can not find. but it works with the original. good luck.. I just went back to FW 4.1, baseband 5.13.4 because at 4.2.1 cydia is install but refuse to load up. and safari will not open. you can do all that back and forth as long as you have your shsh save local, and using tinyumbrella.
homer7198 - November 30, 2010 at 1:16am
Okay. I got everything to work great. Here\'s what I did to keep my old baseband: 1. Install bundle into new PwnageTool 2. Create custom IPSW (unchecking activate in expert mode) 3. Restore to IPSW from Itunes 4. Jailbreak with redsn0w using original IPSW Thats it. Everything is working great. I\'m on 4.2.1 and got my old 05.12.04 baseband. Cydia and everything else works too. Hope this helps others.
MyBabyDaddy - November 30, 2010 at 3:06am
Well, guys. I\'ve tried everything and cydia still refuse to work. I have the new iboot it supposed to be tethered. I guess not, So I\'m now back to 4.1 from my old 4.0.1 The 4.2.1 is not working for a lot of us I\'ll wait untill its untethered for everyone. it seems as if there is something wrong with cydia, I can see the icon but it will not load so i can unlock it with ultrasn0w. Homer, you must of have the old iboot.
ND - November 30, 2010 at 5:05am
Tks for the guide man, appreciate it!
ND - November 30, 2010 at 5:06am
@MyBabyDaddy , its probably because u have the new iboot maybe?
MyBabyDaddy - November 30, 2010 at 10:38am
MyBabyDaddy - November 30, 2010 at 10:43am
Yes, mine won\'t work cause i have the new iboot. when it ask what boot you have if you say no, and its wrong it let you know and says your phone is reporting new iboot, and asks you to start over. then i say yes and it goes all the way, but its tethered, I had to go through the whole redsnow jail break again, each time phone has been turn off. that sucks, and cumbersome, I just leave it at 4.1 and I\'ll wait when there is another untethered jail break, mean time I\'ll keep using PT for my update. I\'ll stay at modem 5.13.4 and be safe. This is really a jailbreak for people who got stock on modem higher then 5.13.4