How to Capture Your iPhone 3GS iBEC and iBSS (Mac) [Updated]

How to Capture Your iPhone 3GS iBEC and iBSS (Mac) [Updated]

Registered users can display a profile image alongside their comment.
You can upload your photo here. If you haven't registered you can do so here
loan - June 22, 2012 at 3:31pm
I took 1 st loan when I was 20 and that helped me very much. Nevertheless, I require the student loan over again.
nerv - October 10, 2009 at 5:15pm
hmm, i think it would be great big hint for everyone, that this move isn\'t possible anymore, since apple only let us restore with 3.1, right?!!!!!!! or can we extract the ibec/ibss from a custom made 3.1 made with pwnage 313? i love the guides from iclarified, but it\'s much to unclearly with all the non actual guides......
quajo373 - October 18, 2009 at 4:00am
hi guys i tried to use this method for 30gb iphone 3gs on 3.0.1 but it keeps saying firmware is not eligible for this device. any ideas, iC pls help
Ivan Kolev - September 14, 2009 at 5:03pm
I have just followed the steps but i don\'t get these 2 files. Anyway when the extracting is finished it appears an alert massage which says restoration cannot be completed. I\'ve got iphone 3gs which had been unlocked and jailbroken before i accidentely updated it to 3.1. I use itunes 9 on snow leopard 10.6.1. Beside this if i try to generate these files using purplera1n , nothing again ... it appears a massage \"something went wrong...\" Does anyone have any suggestions why is that?
Khal - September 10, 2009 at 2:19pm
Is there any chance to capture the iBEC and iBSS if I have my iPhone updated to 3.0.1 firmware?
RtheDuke - August 22, 2009 at 11:11am
Thanks. It worked perfectly with my 3Gs on 3.0.1 directly. iClarified is my Number ONE, always :sharp and clean instructions . Thanks a lot to all TEAM !
mulek - September 12, 2009 at 12:24pm
by \'worked well on my 3GS w/ 3.0.1\' did you use the 3.0 or 3.0.1 ipsw while restoring? I also have a 3GS with 3.0.1 in it
Ryuuga - August 9, 2009 at 10:39am
Thanks a lot pal, I didn\'t even know that the DFU mode existed, that\'s why I couldn\'t get the IBSS file right away (was doing it in Recovery mode...). Very nice tutorial, keep the good work! =)
james - August 8, 2009 at 2:22pm
Is it OK to then update to 3.1?.. or will the two files become useless?
phoney - August 5, 2009 at 3:51pm
I could only retrieve the ibec file and couldn\'t get the ibss file using the terminal script. Running the script as root fixed the problem and I got both files straight away (don\'t forget to replace the ~ with a path to your home directory)