Market research and consulting firm Newzoo found that 77 million Americans play games on mobile phones and portable devices. Of those, 40.1 million use the iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad. The platform of choice for 41.0 million ages 10 and up is the Nintendo DS and DSi. Eightteen million Americans play using Sonys PSP. The survey also reveals that two-thirds of PSP and iPad users play games at least three days a week, compared to 50 percent on the DS, DSi, iPhone and iPod Touch. Players willing to spend money on games is highest on Nintendo devices (67 percent) and PSP (66 percent) compared to iPod Touch / iPhone (45 percent) and iPad (32 percent).
● 34% of Nintendo DS/DSi users also play games on an iPod Touch.
● 90% of people gaming on the iPad also use an iPhone or iPod Touch.
● 53% of DS/DSi and 59% of PSP owners spend more than $10 a month on games
● 38% of iPhone and iPod Touch owners spend more than $10 a month on games
● 72% of iPad owners spend more than $10 a month on games