Apple Moves Up iPhone 5 Delivery Date For Some Customers

Show Article
Comments (18)
Eric - September 19, 2012 at 9:48pm
I am very disappointed. I preordered two phones - one as a birthday gift and now am told to expect Oct delivery....after the birthday. I would have picked them up at the store on a preorder if I had known.....and after all the thousands I have spent with Apple personally and for our business.
Jaycheng - September 17, 2012 at 12:02am
What kinda shit is that!?!?!?
Zetaprime - September 16, 2012 at 8:02pm
Dear Apple: Making people wait an 2 extra weeks because they missed a ridiculously short ordering window in the middle of the night by a few minutes is not a good way to generate good will among your customers, I know Apple isn't seeing this but just thought I'd put it out there.
Adam - September 16, 2012 at 10:50pm
Stupid comment. You see, "people don't know what they want till you tell them what they want." What you'll see for the next two weeks is constant news reports and stories about how the iPhone is sold out. Subconscious people know they want it cause everyone else does. It's been going on for decades.
Zetaprime - September 17, 2012 at 12:11am
And who are you to judge whether my comment is 'stupid'? Attacking another poster in here for no reason gets you nowhere. Your reply doesn't make any sense to me. So we're even.
Nick - September 17, 2012 at 3:04am
Your comment is stupid because you don't even understand what the hell is going on. Apple didn't increase the shipping time to 2 weeks on people because they didn't preorder within the first hour, they increased the shipping time because the number of orders exceeded their stock and shipping capacity for opening day. Think a little before you go bashing someone for something you don't even understand.
Zetaprime - September 17, 2012 at 4:43am
Don't tell me what I've got to do or say. And you're in no position to judge. So I will ignore your comments. Don't waste your time responding. I understand a lot more than you might imagine. Don't presume to judge anyone unless you are a superior being..which you are not.
Justabrake - September 16, 2012 at 9:28am
Apple last time shipped iPhones out a day or 2 early to customers
NoGoodNick - September 16, 2012 at 7:30am
Guess Apple wants to ship them out sooner before customers start changing their minds....lol
iPot - September 16, 2012 at 6:52am
Marketing 101, bait and switch. Lol
grant - September 16, 2012 at 6:16am
it's bull i waited till 3am to preorder and they said when i bought it that i would get it on the 21st not i just checked and it said october 5?? wtf its bullshit
Question from community - September 16, 2012 at 6:19pm
Hahaha. Sucks for you
gilo - September 16, 2012 at 3:58am
So much for "high demand" fucking liars truth is nobody wants that shit
Adam - September 16, 2012 at 3:04am
Pay your bill Wendy ;)
Wendy - September 16, 2012 at 2:28am
Some customers are receiving this email while others, like me, received an email saying that our order had been canceled due to AT&T rejecting our upgrade status. According to the two hour phone call I had with Apple today regarding my order, they are receiving A LOT of calls from unhappy customers who had originally placed orders. Based on the information I have from AT&T, my upgrade status is not in question so there was a BIG mess up in Apple's order system. I now have to resubmit my order and have placed at the end of the queue instead of my original ship date of the 21st.
Question from community - September 16, 2012 at 6:19pm
Sucks for you too
Hands-On With an Alleged Case for the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 [Video]
A new video goes hands-on with an alleged cas...
Notes From Apple's Second Quarter Earnings Call
Here's some notes taken from Apple's second q...
Apple Expands Capital Return Program to Over $130 Billion
Apple today announced that its Board of Direc...
Apple Announces Second Quarter Results of $45.6 Billion in Revenue, $10.2 Billion in Net Profit
Apple today announced financial results for i...
Google Maps Now Lets You Go Back in Time With Street View
Google has announced that starting today you ...