iFixit Posts iPod Nano 7th Generation Teardown
iFixit has posted its teardown of the new 7th generation iPad nano.
● 2.5-inch (diagonal) widescreen Multi-Touch display, Built-in accelerometer, Bluetooth 4.0
● Model number: A1446.
● Size: 3.01 x 1.56 x 0.21 inches, Weight: 1.1 ounces
● The battery is both adhered to the back of the display assembly and soldered to the logic board.
● 3.7 V, 0.8 Wh, 220 mAh battery
iPod Nano 7th Generation Repairability: 5 out of 10 (10 is easiest to repair).
● An easy-to-open case only requires unscrewing two screws and a plastic opening tool.
● Only standard Phillips #00 screws are used-no security or pentalobe.
● The LCD and digitizer glass are not fused together, allowing replacement of either component separately.
● "External" screws hidden behind the antenna mean less adhesive holding down the display assembly.
● The battery, Lightning connector, button cable, and headphone jack are all soldered to the logic board.
● The battery is adhered to the back of the display assembly.
Hit the link below for the full teardown.