Apple Store App Gets Passbook Gift Card Support
Apple has updated their Apple Store app with support for Passbook enabled gift cards and the ability to ask Siri for pricing.
When you’re on the go, the Apple Store app is the best way to research, personalize, and buy products from Apple. You can also use it to make Genius Bar and workshop reservations at the Apple Store. And it’s also the easiest way to get a new iPhone — right from your current iPhone.
- Buy products on the go and pick them up at your favorite Apple Retail Store, or have them shipped to your door (U.S. only).
- Personalize an iPad or an iPod with free engraving, plus get signature gift wrapping for select Apple products.
- Custom-configure a new Mac with the options you want, including larger drives and more memory.
- Track your stuff: View the status of current and previous orders in the order status section.
- While in an Apple Store, quickly purchase accessories on your own with EasyPay.
- Request help, check in for reservations, and meet up with a Specialist at the store.
- Make Genius Bar and One to One reservations and sign up for workshops and events.
What's New In This Version:
- Buy new gift cards and email them to friends and family right from the app. These gift cards are easily integrated with the new Passbook app (U.S. only, iOS 6 required).
- Ask Siri to help you find prices and shop for Apple products. (Siri-enabled device required.)
You can download Apple Store from the App Store for free.