Fortune's Philip Elmer-DeWitt notes that while Apple CEO Tim Cook didn't reveal which line would be moved back, there is really only one computer that fits the bill.
Here's his reasons:
● A factory of this size is estimated to produce about 1 million units per year.
● Only the Mac Pro and Mac mini sell fewer than 1 million units per year and the Mac Pro is considerably most expensive to ship due to its weight.
● Tim Cook and Apple PR have confirmed the Mac Pro will be updated next year.
● It will be easier to absorb higher labor costs with a $2,500-$3,800 Mac Pro than an iMac or a MacBook that can sell for closer to $1000.
● Mac Pros are easier to build and customize than any other Apple product