Firefox OS is a new mobile operating system built entirely using open web standards. In Firefox OS, HTML5 apps can do “phone things” – they can make the phone vibrate, make a phone call or send a text message.
This week we are announcing our new Firefox OS developer preview phones because we believe that developers will help bring the power of the web to mobile. These developer phones are being developed by Geeksphone in partnership with Telefonica and Geeksphone.
● CPU Qualcomm Snapdragon S1 1Ghz
● UMTS 2100/1900/900 (3G HSPA)
● GSM 850/900/1800/1900 (2G EDGE)
● Screen 3.5″ HVGA Multitouch
● 3 MP Camera
● 4GB ROM, 512 MB RAM
● MicroSD, Wifi N, Light and proxmity Sensor, G-Sensor, GPS, MicroUSB
● 1580 mAh battery
● Over the air updates
● Unlocked, add your own SIM card
Developers will be able to purchase the phone form Geeksphone soon for 'price you could never have imagined'.