Apple is Beta Testing a 'Fix' for the Evasi0n Jailbreak

Show Article
Comments (31)
zeppy - February 28, 2013 at 2:35pm
F u Apple. Think we are still going to buy your "overpriced, crippled choices and locked down products? Apple why not become less rotten and mend your evil greedy filthy ways with your products and software?
hyahoo - February 26, 2013 at 5:23pm
i never have a shred of respect to developer that doesnt even have shred of innovation like steve jobs,(a.k.a money making -dumbmachine) neither guilt or troubled feel. those apes need to be taught a lesson for thinking apps is actually just a way to making money and never go beyond that. it`s pretty bad hatred to point i want to destroy them completely, each and every piece. but on the opposite i always paid to developer i paid respect to, even more than normal usually. intrigued by their deep insight and creativity why should i not pay?
Russell - February 26, 2013 at 7:08pm
Sorry. I don't understand Klingon.
Brian - February 26, 2013 at 12:54am
Guess I'm stuck on iOS 6.1.2 for awhile
Ooh - February 25, 2013 at 10:59pm
What a load of old sh*t, Apple release the jailbreaks and Apple patch the jailbreaks and then pretend the jailbreakers jailbroke it. The Dev team and all the other crap heads work for Apple. Psshh
Trolololo - February 26, 2013 at 12:25pm
Someone's just a little special.
Paul - February 25, 2013 at 10:04pm
Evasi0n jailbreak becomes unstable if you install "appsync" which is the only way to sync pirated Apps via iTunes. It was designed that way on purpose because the Evasi0n team does not condone pirating of Apps and installous does not exist anymore. So, most of the commenters here are very ill informed.
shojus - March 1, 2013 at 4:04am
How does it become unstable?? If people are downloading the wrong (outdated) version of appsync then yes, it will cause problems, but my Jailbreak is rock solid with appsync 6.0+ from a RELIABLE source.... They didn't do anything to make this jailbreak unstable with appsync!
NoGoodNick - February 25, 2013 at 9:13pm
That's the problem with releasing the details of how you performed the jailbreak. While it's always fun to brag about how smart you are, it's just ASKING for them to close all the holes you exploited. I STILL contend it would be better for everyone if they included a single established JB exploit. That way, if people wanted to they could JB (giving up on future support), and if they didn't they could block the exploit, making their iPhone more secure. That way there's be NO reason for people to continually search for ways to break the iOS system.
Phil - February 25, 2013 at 9:20pm
I don't think you are right that there would be NO reason to search for exploits. The dev-team searches for exploits because they CAN. The jailbreaking is almost incidental to them. Nothing Apple does will change that.
DokteurP - February 25, 2013 at 8:23pm
It's not that bad or either good. Apple needs to do so, as they offer a product where many companies, partners etc. relies on and where security is not a "nice to have" but a must. Apple will never endorse jailbreaking, as this may lead them into endless patents infringement and so on. I've jailbroken my first gen iPod Touch, then my iPhone 3GS and now I'm enjoying it on the iPhone 5. I'm not much into piracy, and when a "Cydia App" makes my iOS experience better, once the trial expired, I do pay up to 9.99$ for some great tweaks. This will never end, this make project work as much as improving security. So, I applause and I have great respect over Evad3rs job as much as Apple's!
DokteurP - February 25, 2013 at 8:41pm
By the way, when I was saying : I'm not much into piracy, I meant, I didn't like the idea of getting free Apple or Cydia App's thru Installous, which I think is a easy way to not respect the hard work of those programmers etc. this was my two cents! P
- February 25, 2013 at 8:01pm
Jailbreaking does not necessarily mean pirating. it means gaining root access to the device so the user has complete access over it..
Kornmehl - February 25, 2013 at 8:10pm
Yes. So you can pirate software.
Cornell - February 25, 2013 at 8:45pm
Stop being a douche. Jail-breaking does have its dark side, namely piracy of games and apps. But don't be stupid and tell me it's only used for that. Unlocking the iPhone is also brought to you by jail-breaking.
Kornmehl - February 25, 2013 at 8:51pm
If only the occasional jailbreaker was a pirate, then I would agree with you. Unfortunately, the overwhelming majority of jail breakers are pirates. They are easy to recognize. They are the folks with a third-grade command of language who rant about Apple interfering with their rights.
sam - February 25, 2013 at 9:54pm
what a douche bag u are...
sam - February 25, 2013 at 10:01pm
Apple would sell way more products if they were all jailbreakable... You have NO IDEA WHAT U ARE TALKING ABOUT !!!!!!!!!!!! I am an iPhone repair shop that does Unlocks, Jailbreaks, Screen Repairs on iPhones, iPads, and iPods......Apple would so much more business if they would just let people jailbreak their phones............ People want the iphone to do certain things that it cannot do without the Jailbreak....... For instance....If u want to put 100 apps in a folder.....U can if Jailbroken If u wanna scroll ur dock sideways......u can if u are jailbroken If u want to blacklist callers......U can if u are jailbroken The iPhone is just a boring phone if its not Jailbroken........Because Apple is Slightly behind when it comes to features that we want.....and Cydia PEOPLE all those features plus A LOT MORE............
aculpoaoall - February 25, 2013 at 11:55pm
sam, i bet you are fat... learn punctuation..... FATASS!
Leggoman - February 25, 2013 at 7:29pm
The amount of crap apple put out with out testing if they fix it this time round, I'm sure it will be JB again at some point. The more apple lock the phone down more and more will move to other phones, as apple are just not moving a head enough other phones are getting to almost be as good and a few new ones on the table could be better a lot sooner than apple think
Tim - February 25, 2013 at 7:28pm
What good ios products are without its jailbreak? Look at apple tv 2 & 3. No one would buy apple tv 3. I dont think anyone would buy iphone 5s or 6 if there's no jailbreak. Android will be considered better products if ios jailbreak development is closed. Think twice apple! People knows the risk of jailbreaking, and they still demand it.
NoGoodNick - February 25, 2013 at 9:09pm
You WISH. The iTV 3 is still selling, mostly because the iTV 2 doesn't support Hi-Def TV. I'd rather see my movies as they were designed to be displayed rather than being able to access off-the-wall media sources. Likewise, there are PLENTY of people buying the iPhone 5, and you crying about how much better Samsung is isn't going to change that. People like Apple because it's reliable. It's reliable because it's a dependable product, which the Samsung--while it has nice features--isn't.
dr3 - February 25, 2013 at 10:47pm
agreed!!!, apple just sell your devices!!!!. donate or even buying to the developer is none of your concern. no wonder people started looking for androids, i used to be an apple lover..and missing mr. JOBS. he's a true apple not u tim!.