Obtained by Android Police, the customized Android operating system limits access to Facebook employees; however, some details were uncovered.
The phone, manufactured by HTC, is codenamed 'Myst'. Here are the specs:
● Manufacturer: HTC
● Model: MYSTUL (Myst_UL)
● Carrier: AT&T
● Platform: MSM8960 (Dual Core)
● Ram: 1GB
● Display: 4.3 inch @ 720p resolution
● Android Version: 4.1.2
● Sense Version: 4.5
● Rear Camera = 5M
● Front Camera = 1.6M
● No SD Card
● Bluetooth 4.0
● Wi-Fi a/b/g/n
The software features a new Facebook app with a bundle id of com.facebook.wakizashi. This app has all the permissions necessary to be a home screen app. Android Police notes that HTC's traditional home screen app, 'Rosie', isn't on the phone at all.
The new Facebook app has the following additional permissions:
● SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW - The Facebook app can spawn windows that stay on top of all other windows. According to the Android docs, "these windows are intended for system-level interaction with the user."
● DISABLE_KEYGUARD - It can turn off your lock screen.
● RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - Facebook starts as soon as your phone starts.
● GET_TASKS - The Facebook app can see what apps you have currently running.
● CHANGE_WIFI_STATE - It can control your WiFi connection
● WRITE_SETTINGS - It can change your system settings
Facebook is expected to unveil the phone with HTC on April 4th. Hit the link below for more...