Apple is Hiring a Specialist to Investigate Flexible Displays
Apple is hiring a Sr. Optical Engineer to lead an investigation into new technologies including flexible displays, according to a job posting spotted by 9to5Mac. The posting has since been pulled but here's what it said.
Apple Inc. is looking for a Display Specialist to lead the investigation on emerging display technologies such as high optical efficiency LCD, AMOLED and flexible display to improve overall display optical performance.
- Hands-on experience and proven track of record in design, development and technical investigation of display technologies.
- In-depth understanding of display technology, particularly LCD & OLED design & optical performance trade-offs, including optical design, viewing angle, color and white point management, gamma and dimming control, visual performance and artifacts; and characterization metrics.
- Demonstrated ability of using analytical thinking and systematic method to conduct investigation and problem-solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and people skills are required.
- Experience of working in a display company that has developed and manufactured high-volume display products is preferred.
Some interesting Apple patents have popped up lately in regards to displays. For example a recent patent detailed a wrap around display which has since been turned into a mockup.