Back in October the company stopped development of the application to focus on its mobile apps; however, a spokesperson confirmed to TUAW that it is back in development.
"Sorry for the delayed response and thanks for your inquiry. We brought Echofon Mac back due to the overwhelming user demand for it. We intend to continue to keep our
users happy and satisfied with the product."
Echofon for Mac is the minimal yet powerful Twitter app that syncs unread Tweets with your iPhone. The Echofon interface was carefully designed to be comfortably left open all day, it stays out of the way when necessary and expands to support all the advanced features you need, when you need them.
● Unread tweets stay in sync with your iPhone. If you read tweets on your Mac, and later open up Echofon on your iPhone, you can pick up right where you left off. Never again will you read the same tweet twice!
● Easily attach photos to your tweets with drag and drop. You can also attach screen captures, current iTunes song, or current page in Safari. Echofon uses handy indicators to show which tweets have photos, videos, location, conversations etc.
● Echofon has a unique drawer interface that is used for supplementary tasks such as viewing a user’s profile, timeline, favorites, followers etc. It is also used for people search. This helps you keep focus on the main timeline while pulling up other information as needed.
● Use all of your Twitter accounts in Echofon, account switching is easy and you’ll see a subtle notification for mentions and messages you recieve in background accounts.
● Full search support including trends with explanations, saved search and people search.
What's New In This Version:
- Support of Twitter API 1.1
- Removed Lockerz picture service
You can purchase Echofon for Twitter from the App Store for $9.99.
Read More [via TUAW]