Foursquare App is Updated to Let You Check In Your Friends
Foursquare has released an update to its iPhone app that lets you check your friends in.
35 million people use Foursquare to to find out where friends and locals love to go. Don’t waste time reading long reviews from strangers. Wherever you are in the world, open up Foursquare to see where your friends like to go, and get recommendations for the best restaurants, bars, and sights in the area. We analyze our millions of tips, likes, and over 3.5 billion check-ins to show you the most-loved places in any city.
• Get instant suggestions when you open the app, like breakfast spots in the morning, dinner after a movie, or sights if you’re traveling in a new place
• See where friends go, and when they’re nearby
• Easily search for “Thai,” “park,” or “brunch”
• Get directions, menus, hours, photos, and more
• Filter by distance, price, specials, what’s open, places you haven’t been, and more
• Make OpenTable reservations within the app
• Get tips from friends, top publications and brands
• Keep track of where you’ve been
• Like or dislike places and leave tips for friends
• Save places to your to-do list
• We learn your tastes the more you check in
What's New In This Version:
Less tapping, more exploring! Save time while you're out with friends with the new option to check them in (only with their permission, of course!).
Plus with new filters in Explore, you can do searches to suit your every need. Looking for a cheap, friend-approved lunch spot that you haven't tried yet? Or maybe you want to sort your coffee recommendations by distance. Tap the search bar at the top of the screen, then filter by options like "price," "specials," "distance," "haven't been," or "open now" to find the perfect place.
You can download Foursquare from the App Store for free.