35 million people use Foursquare to find out where friends and locals love to go. Don’t waste time reading long reviews from strangers. Wherever you are in the world, open up Foursquare to see where your friends like to go, and get recommendations for the best restaurants, bars, and sights in the area. We analyze our millions of tips, likes, and over 3.5 billion check-ins to show you the most-loved places in any city.
• Get instant suggestions when you open the app, like breakfast spots in the morning, dinner after a movie, or sights if you’re traveling in a new place
• See where friends go, and when they’re nearby
• Easily search for “Thai,” “park,” or “brunch”
• Get directions, menus, hours, photos, and more
• Filter by distance, price, specials, what’s open, places you haven’t been, and more
• Make OpenTable reservations within the app
• Get tips from friends, top publications and brands
• Keep track of where you’ve been
• Like or dislike places and leave tips for friends
• Save places to your to-do list
• We learn your tastes the more you check in
What's New In This Version:
● Real-time recommendations - When you arrive someplace, we can tell you something great there (like the best thing to order, or a money-saving special). With this release, we’re turning real-time recommendations on for a small batch of people who use Foursquare on their iPhone (and expanding to more every day). It’s been live for some people on Android for a bit, and we can’t wait to put it in everyone’s hands.
● Right now - Got an hour to kill before dinner? We’ve added a ‘nearby’ button. Tap it to see which of your friends are around.
● Friends at a glance - We now show each friend’s most recent check-in. Want to dig deeper and see more? Tap through to their profile.
You can download Foursquare from the App Store for free.