“With the WeMo Insight Switch, we continue to elevate today’s smart homes by offering consumers the most intuitive, customizable and affordable solution to better understand the energy usage of their electronic devices and make smart decisions on how to use them,” said Ohad Zeira, director of product management at Belkin. “The evolved switch allows users to truly control and monitor as much or as little of their home as they want, from observing whether a television has been on too long or being alerted to when a laundry cycle has finished, all through their smart device from anywhere and at anytime.”
The WeMo Insight Switch plugs directly into an electrical outlet, and then a user simply connects it to the home Wi-Fi network, downloads the free WeMo app and instantly is able to turn any device plugged into the unit on or off using his or her iOS or Android device. The unit will allow users to put electronics on a schedule, set them with local sunrise and sunset times, create notifications for device usage, as well as manage the time, energy consumption and costs of specific devices. The Insight Switch also works with IFTTT, an online service that creates triggers using different Internet-based services such as email, weather and social media.
● Turn electronics on or off—from anywhere via a smartphone or tablet
● Works with any Wi-Fi router, Apple device with iOS v5 or higher, and Android™device 4.0 or higher
● Put your electronic devices on a schedule and monitor their costs and usage
● Set up rules for your electronics to go on and off at sunset and sunrise
● Operates over Wi-Fi and mobile Internet, at home and away
● Works with the free WeMo app
● No subscription fee or hub required
Pricing & Availability
The WeMo Insight Switch is available now for $59.99 from the link below.
Read More [via Desire This]