Shai Goitein, a pilot, aviator enthusiast, and industrial designer, is the inventor and CEO of TailorToys. He created the PowerUp brand, releasing versions 1 and 2 of the PowerUp module. Teaming up with TobyRich to develop the Bluetooth Smart technology, PowerUp 3.0 was born.
The PowerUp 3.0 module is made from a crash-proof carbon fiber frame. Its lithium polymer battery provides 10 minutes of flight on one charge. Since it connects to your iPhone via Bluetooth Low Energy the range is about 180 feet or 55 meters. A micro-USB port is used for recharging.
How Does PowerUp 3.0 Work:
● Fold It: Simply fold a piece of copier paper into a paper airplane
● Attach It: Attach the Smart Module to your paper plane with the patented clips underneath the Smart Module.
● Connect It: Start the app to connect to the Smart Module with your iPhone.
● Fly It: Push throttle to full and launch the paper airplane high up into the sky. Tilt your smartphone to the left or to the right to steer your plane, increase or reduce throttle to go up or down.
iPhone App Features:
● Ascend/Descend using the throttle lever
● Tilt iPhone right or left for maneuvering
● Battery level indicator
● Charging status indicator
● Range indicator
● Thrust level indicator
● Artificial horizon
● Air Traffic Control (ATC)
You can pledge $40 at the link below to receive your own PowerUp 3.0 Smart Module when they ship next year.
Read More [via DesireThis]