Learn about the campaign to get students involved in a one-hour introduction to computer science, designed to demystify code and show that anyone can learn the basics of programming. Visit code.org or attend a special Hour of Code workshop at any U.S. Apple Retail Store on December 11, 5 p.m.
Code.org is a non-profit dedicated to expanding participation in computer science education. Their goals include:
● Bringing Computer Science classes to every K-12 school in the United States, especially in urban and rural neighborhoods.
● Demonstrating the successful use of online curriculum in public school classrooms
● Changing policies in all 50 states to categorize C.S. as part of the math/science "core" curriculum
● Harnessing the collective power of the tech community to celebrate and grow C.S. education worldwide
● To increase the representation of women and students of color in the field of Computer Science.
Take a look at the video below for more details...