JK Shin, CEO and President of IT & Mobile Division, Samsung Electronics says, “With the Samsung Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo, we have enhanced everything consumers love about the Gear to offer unparalleled smart freedom in their everyday life.”
Both devices are said to offer a lightweight design with premium finishes but only the Gear 2 features a metallic face. A camera has been placed on the main body instead of the strap allow for various strap color options including Charcoal Black, Gold Brown and Wild Orange for Gear2 and Charcoal Black, Mocha Grey and Wild Orange for Gear2 Neo. The home screen background, clock face and font are also customizable.
The Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo allow users to accept or ignore incoming calls and messages, and providing instant notification options based on a user’s activity and habits. Both offer standalone features, including the control of electronic products such as TVs and settop boxes through the WatchON Remote application and an embedded IrLED sensor. The addition of a standalone music player with a Bluetooth headset means people can leave their smartphone at home and still enjoy their music on the go.
Both smartwatches offer personal fitness coaching in real time, allowing users to develop a customizable fitness routine and monitor their heart rate in order to improve their overall well-being.
Finally, the Samsung Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo let users connect to a wide variety of Samsung devices and are the first wearable devices powered by Tizen based wearable platform. Samsung Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo are compatible with more than a dozen of Samsung Galaxy smartphones.
The Samsung Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo will be available around the world starting from April.
Samsung Gear 2 Product Specifications:
● Display: 1.63” Super AMOLED (320 x 320)
● AP: 1.0 GHz Dual Core Processor
● OS: Tizen based wearable platform
● Camera: Gear 2: 2.0 Megapixel Auto Focus (1920x1080, 1080x1080, 1280x960), Gear 2 Neo : N/A
● Video: Codec: H.264, H.263, Format: 3GP, MP4, HD(720p, @30fps) Playback & Recording
● Audio: Codec: MP3/AAC/AMR/Vorbis, Format: MP3, M4A, AAC, OGG
● Camera Features: Auto Focus Camera, Sound & Shot, Location Tags, Signature
● Additional Features: 1.Heart Rate sensor, 2.Pedometer, 3.Exercise - Standalone Modes: Running, Walking, Companion Modes: Cycling, Hiking, 4. Sleep & Stress (Downloadable)
● Music Player with Bluetooth Headset and Speaker
● WatchON Remote: Remote Controller via IrLED Sensor
● Basic Features: Bluetooth Call, Camera, Notification(SMS, E-mail, Apps), Media Controller, Schedule, Smart Relay, S Voice, Stopwatch, Timer, Weather
● More Features(Downloadable): Calculator, ChatON, Flashlight, Quick Settings, Voice Memo
● Changeable Strap: Color Options:
- Gear 2 : Charcoal Black, Gold Brown and Wild Orange
- Gear 2 Neo : Charcoal Black, Mocha Grey and Wild Orange
● IP67 Certified Dust and Water Resistant, Noise Cancellation
● Samsung Services: Samsung Apps
● Connectivity: Bluetooth v4.0 LE, IrLED
● Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Heart Rate
● Memory: RAM: 512MB
● Storage: 4GB Internal Memory
● Dimensions: Gear 2 : 36.9 x 58.4x 10.0 mm, 68g, Gear 2 Neo : 37.9 x 58.8 x 10.0mm, 55g
● Battery: Standard Battery, Li-ion 300mAh
● Typical Usage: 2~3 days, Low Usage up to 6 days
[via Desire This]