“Samsung understands that the next generation of wearable mobile solutions must directly reflect of the diverse interests and needs of consumers,” said JK Shin, CEO and President of IT & Mobile Division, Samsung Electronics. “In response, our Gear product portfolio continues to expand with unique devices for a wide range of lifestyles, including the new Gear Fit designed to help those consumers striving to live more fit and active lives without sacrificing their own personal style or their ability to stay connected on the go.”
The Samsung Gear Fit was designed to comfortably contour to consumers’ wrists while offering a vivid Super AMOLED display. It provides more than an everyday fitness band, keeping consumers up to date instant notifications from Galaxy smartphones such as incoming calls, emails, SMS, alarm, S-planner, 3rd party apps while consumers are on the move so they can stay connected. Changeable straps in Black, Orange and Mocha Grey will let users express their individual style, changing the look of the Gear Fit to match their outfit or mood for any type of activity.
Samsung Gear Fit Specifications:
● Display: 1.84” Curved Super AMOLED (432x128)
● Additional Features: Pedometer, Exercise, Heart Rate, Sleep, Stopwatch, Timer, Notifications (SNS, Call, E-mail, Apps), Schedule, Smart Relay, Media Controller
● Changeable Strap
● IP67 Dust and Water Resistant,
● Connectivity: Bluetooth v4.0 LE
● Sensor: Accelerometer, Gyro, Heart Rate
● Dimension: 23.4 x 57.4 x 11.95 mm, 27g
● Battery: Standard Battery 210mAh, Typical Usage 3~4 days, Low Usage up to 5 days
The Gear Fit will be available globally starting from April.
Apple is also rumored to be releasing a wearable device in the near future; however, it's unclear whether the company will be releasing more of a band or a watch. Check out some of the latest concepts here.