The fourth generation of Apple TV could be introduced this spring; we layed out our concept of an Apple TV touch a couple of weeks ago. But it doesn’t actually take a full blown set-top box to invade the living room as Google’s widely successful dongle Chromecast which debuted last week in Europe has proved.
Welcome to Apple TV Air!
• Apple TV Air is the cheapest possible way to watch Apple TV
• It consists of two parts: the HDMI 'dongle' (the actual Apple TV) and a small remote control, both sold together in one box for aprox. 49 $/EUR.
• The dongle is powered through HDMI, while the remote has a small changeable battery like the current Apple TV remote
• Connection over Bluetooth (IR not possible due to fact that the box will always be out of sight)
• Made from plastic materials to keep costs down but maintaining Apple’s trademark quality (think back to the first generation Apple iPod shuffle)
Take a look at the images below and let us know what you think!