Remastered to put your conversations with the people who matter most at your fingertips. Stay in touch with free messaging, voice or video calls on Skype.
• Find all your friends and family in an instant - With over 300 million people using Skype, you’re bound to bump into someone you know.
• Talk with your fingers - No matter where you are, your friends are always available with free messaging.
• Call your world from Skype - Free voice and video calls let you talk to your heart’s content with all your friends and family on Skype.
• Low cost calls to mobiles and landlines too - Keep in touch, even if they’re not on Skype, with low cost calls to mobiles and landlines on the other side of town or the world.
• Share your favorite snaps - Take a great photo you want to share? Send it over Skype to friends and family and you won’t have to worry about email size limits or expensive MMS charges.
• Video messaging – Record life’s everyday moments and share them with the people who matter most, with free and unlimited video messaging over Skype.
• Chat with anyone, anywhere - Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, Macs, PCs, and even TVs. Whatever your friends or family use, Skype is there. Simple.
What's New In This Version:
• Overall performance improvements - faster start up and fluid animations.
• A new modern hub centric design putting recent conversations first - just swipe to see your favourite people or contacts.
• Richer and more reliable messaging: create groups, share photos (even to offline contacts) and video messages.
• In-app notifications for quick conversation switching, and in-app controls to manage notifications.
• A new simplified, modern voice and video calling experience.
You can download Skype for iPhone from the App Store for free.
For some reason the Skype app for iPhone has been removed from the U.S. app store at the moment. It's still available in the Canadian store at the link below. We'll let you know as soon as it returns the U.S. store. Follow iClarified on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or RSS for updates.
The app is now available in the U.S. App Store.