Foxconn is Hiring Over 100,000 Additional Workers for iPhone 6 Production

Posted June 23, 2014 at 6:03am by iClarified | Please help us and submit a translation by clicking here | 8610 views

Foxconn is hiring over 100,000 additional workers in mainland China to help produce the iPhone 6, reports Taiwan's Economic Daily News. It's believed to be the firm's largest ever single hiring spree in the country.

Pegatron is also said to be expanding its workforce at one mainland factory by 30%.

Foxconn will produce 70% of the phones and Pegatron is set to produce the remaining 30%.

It's believed that Apple will release a 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch iPhone 6. Leaked designs suggest the smartphone will have rounded sides and a relocated Sleep/Wake button. Check out this video for a closer look at the physical mockups which have been circulating.

Apple is expected to launch the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 in September with the 5.5-inch model to follow shortly after.

Please follow iClarified on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or RSS for updates.

Read More

Add Comment
Ban The Trolls!!! - June 23, 2014 at 7:19pm
100,000 how many of them will commit suicide and minors?
Nat - June 23, 2014 at 7:39pm
Who commits suicide over working for what people wanted mostly, that's like asking "How many worked at mc.donalds and drop out from being fat?". Plus why does it matter?
justabrake - June 23, 2014 at 10:14am
Wonder if they are going to sell the unlocked versions right away or hold back on them until they sell the carrier locked ones first !
Nat - June 23, 2014 at 1:39pm
It does say there are 2 different suppliers so their maybe a chance to come as much as the locked ones.
timmluca14 - June 23, 2014 at 6:32am
It good, it’s knowledgeable. Glad I choose this to be my source of lacking my boredom. jason statham bliitz leather jacket
Follow iClarified
Apple to Announce Q2 FY15 Earnings on April 27th
Apple will announce Q2 FY15 earnings on April...
Fast & Furious: Legacy Arrives on the App Store
The new Fast & Furious: Legacy game has launc...
Apple Releases Sixth Beta of OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 to Developers
Apple has seeded the sixth beta of OS X Yosem...
Google Drive App Gets Auto Camera Roll Backup, Access to Google+ Photos
Google has updated its Google Drive app for i...
Facebook Messenger Update Brings Support for Third-Party Apps
Facebook has updated Messenger with support f...