When you request a car, you’ll be able to choose the music you want to hear on the journey. When your ride arrives, it’ll be your tunes on the car’s speakers.
How does it work?
1. Connect your Spotify account from the Uber Profile screen or sign up.
2. Request a ride in the Uber app. If you get matched with a music-enabled Uber, the music bar will appear at the bottom of the Uber app.
3. Tap the music bar and select music from our ready-made playlist, your playlists or search for something new.
4. If you want you can wirelessly control the music from either the Uber or Spotify apps until you arrive at your destination.
5. Sit back and enjoy the soundtrack to your ride.
The new Uber and Spotify integration, available to all Uber and Spotify Premium users on iOS and Android (in beta), starts rolling out on Friday, Nov. 21 in 10 launch cities. The integration will continue to roll out globally over the coming weeks.
Take a look at the video below for more details...