A lucky bag is a Japanese New Year's Day custom where retailers make grab bags filled with unknown random items and sell them for discount.
Last year the bag cost around 36,000 yen, or about $345, and inside customers could find things like iPods, headphones, and other accessories or if lucky an iPad, MacBook, or maybe a Mac Mini. You'll need to line up very early, typically the night before, for a chance to purchase one of these Lucky Bags.
The bags are sold as is and are not returnable.
Lucky Bag Purchase Policy
● Apple Store Lucky Bags can only be purchased at Apple Retail Stores.
● We cannot change the price of Lucky Bag per a customer's request.
● The purchase of Lucky Bag is limited to one bag per person per day.
● Except when there is a confirmed defect in the hardware or accessory products in the Lucky Bag, Lucky Bag contents are not returnable, refundable or exchangeable. If there is a flaw in the hardware or accessory, please return the product with the original Lucky Bag receipt and original packaging within fourteen (14) calendar days from the date of purchase. Non-Apple brand products are sold by Apple "as is." Consult the manufacturer of such non-Apple brand for warranty terms and conditions.
● The Apple Store sells and ships products to end user customers only. You may not purchase for resale. Apple reserves the right to refuse or cancel your order if Apple suspects you are purchasing for resale.
● This promotion will be made invalid if any action is taken that is prohibited or restricted by law.
● Your purchase of Lucky Bags is subject to your agreeing to the above terms and conditions of sale.
● Apple reserves the right to change the terms and conditions and end the sale of Lucky Bags at anytime at its sole discretion and without notice.
● iTunes Cards are valid and usable only on Japan iTunes Store operated by iTunes K.K. Prior to using your iTunes card, you need an iTunes account and you need to accept the license and usage terms. You must be older than 13 years of age and reside in Japan. You need compatible software, hardware, and internet access (fees may apply). Non-refundable. Not for resale. Full terms apply, see www.apple.com/legal/itunes/jp/gifts.html. Content availability and pricing are subject to time of actual download.