Now a Universal iOS App! OmniFocus for iOS brings the in-depth task management features of a desktop app to your fingertips. With flexible viewing options, location-awareness, and on-the-fly task entry from just about anywhere, OmniFocus is the trusted system you need for managing everything in your busy life. Keep track of tasks by project, place, person, or date—with OmniFocus you’ll always have your important information at hand. Whether it’s a shopping list, agenda items to discuss at work, or chores to do at home, whatever you need to do is right there on your iPhone or iPad.
• Reliable sync using our free service or your own server
• A flexible hierarchy: keep all your to-dos in one list or use as many levels of Folders, Projects, Groups, and Actions as you need to stay organized
• Assign contexts based on location, people, energy level—whatever you need to get the task accomplished
• Plan your day’s errands by listing nearby location-based contexts or viewing them on a map
• Sharing Extension captures content from any app that has a Share button
• Today Extension shows you OmniFocus items due today right in Notification Center
• Reminders Capture and OmniFocus Mail Drop for entering OmniFocus actions via Siri or email
• Interactive notifications for nearby and due items let you mark complete (or snooze) without even opening the app
• Search shows results from the current view or your entire OmniFocus database
• Add Photo and Audio attachments right on your device and view file attachments synced from other devices
• Forecast row shows you how much is due in the next few days on your homescreen or sidebar; open the Forecast perspective to see your due items alongside events from your iOS Calendar
• NEW on iPhone, a dedicated Review perspective makes sure nothing falls through the cracks.
Pro features for customizing OmniFocus and making it even more powerful. Pro is available via In-App-Purchase and free to customers who purchased OmniFocus 1 for iPhone or iPad:
• NEW Customize the OmniFocus sidebar and home screen just like you customize your iOS Device's home screen.
• NEW Perspectives: Now on iPhone as well as iPad, save and revisit custom views for specific tasks or situations: “Show me the chores I can do in five minutes” or “What do I need to follow up on with the people from the planning meeting?”
• NEW Display any perspective in Notification Center with the Today Extension
What's New In This Version:
OmniFocus 2.1 is a Universal app that works on iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch. In addition to combining the functionality of the previous iPad and iPhone applications, we’ve added several new features and fixed many bugs. If you previously purchased Pro, you may need to restore your purchase (free) to keep using those features. If you haven’t purchased Pro yet, check out this article for more information: http://support.omnigroup.com/omnifocus–2-ios-pro-upgrade
Changes from OmniFocus for iPad 2.0.3:
• Universal App — OmniFocus now runs on iPhones and iPads.
• Customizeable Today Extension — Show deferred items or choose a custom perspective to display in Notification Center (Pro)
• Tiled Home Screen (Pro) — Tap and Hold to drag tiles and customize your layout
• Extension Architecture — We’ve changed the underlying way extensions interact with the OmniFocus app to make adding and viewing items in extensions more responsive and generally seamless.
Features which are new to the iPhone in this release:
• Landscape Support — Landscape orientation is now supported on iPhone.
• Review — The Review perspective is now available on iPhone.
• Perspective Creation (Pro) — Create perspectives on your iPhone
• Project Perspectives — Perspectives which use project hierarchy are now supported on iPhone
• Grouping and Sorting — Grouping and sorting are now available on iPhone.
• Platform Parity — In general, all of the features of OmniFocus for iPad are now available on iPhone in this Universal app. If you can’t find something, let us know!
We normally include “Smaller Fixes and Improvements” in our release notes, but in this case the fixes and improvements not covered above are not small - we’ve improved many interactions and fixed lots of bugs and crashes.
You can purchase OmniFocus 2 from the App Store for $39.99.