Xcode provides everything developers need to create great applications for Mac, iPhone, and iPad. Xcode brings user interface design, coding, testing, and debugging all into a unified workflow. The Xcode IDE combined with the Cocoa and Cocoa Touch frameworks, and the Swift programming language make developing apps easier and more fun than ever before.
Xcode includes the Xcode IDE, Swift and Objective-C compilers, Instruments analysis tool, iOS Simulator, the latest OS X and iOS SDKs, and hundreds of powerful features.
Includes Swift 1.2 and SDKs for OS X 10.10 Yosemite and iOS 8.3
New in Swift 1.2:
• Incremental builds dramatically improve the compile time of Swift projects
• Swift compiler produces even faster executables for both debug and release builds
• Language refinements to 'let' and 'as' make Swift more consistent and clear
• Standard library adds powerful features including the 'Set' data type and 'flatMap' operation
• Code converter and Fix-its help you migrate to Swift 1.2
Additional features in Xcode 6.3:
• Playgrounds are more attractive and readable with rich text formatting and results displayed in-line
• Playgrounds can embed additional code and resources to improve performance and simplify sharing
• Updated OS X SDK includes support for the new Force Touch trackpad
• Crashes organizer makes it easy to triage and fix crashes for App Store and TestFlight apps
• Apple LLVM compiler 6.1 improves diagnostic messages and adds support for C++'14
• Additional bug fixes and stability improvements
You can download Xcode from the App Store for free.