Today we are re-releasing an old idea with Hipstamatic DSPO, but there is nothing old about it. DSPO is so much better than D-Series ever was. Thanks to technology like CloudKit, we are no longer worrying about how to make the app pay for its server costs. As a result we don’t have to agressively ‘monetize’ DSPO right out of the gate. Instead we’ve focused on creating the perfect casual photo sharing experience. This is our first product that treats filters as a secondary experience. First and foremost, DSPO is about collaboration and communal experiences.
Inspired by the shared disposable camera experience, we’ve created Hipstamatic DSPO to encourage living in the moment, capturing & sharing quickly, and getting back to life. While we believe that “Image is Everything” and beautiful photos are better than ugly photos, DSPO isn’t about the filter. Nor is it about the typical broadcast networking where you tell the world how amazing your life is. DSPO operates within the context of a one-to-one relationship. Its very personal, and encourages you to capture and share the photo and get back to living in the moment, then reliving it again later.
How It Works:
● Create a Group Camera by selecting a timer (as short as a hour or as long as 365 days) and shooting a cover photo.
● Invite your Friends using your contact list, Facebook, or let the world join your camera by sharing the camera link via Twitter.
● Shoot a photo, select a filter, or even draw on the image* before sharing your moment with the group camera.
● Chat with everyone on the camera while you shoot.
● No one can see the photos until the timer hits zero.
● When the camera is finished, enjoy reliving the moment all over and see what everyone else was up to.
*DSPO+ Upgrade adds the ability to choose from 5 additional filters and allows you to draw on top of your images for added fun!
You can download Hipstamatic DSPO from the App Store for free.