Here's a look at what's new:
● HDR Merge: Create natural-looking or surreal images from extremely high-contrast scenes. Using HDR merge, you can easily combine multiple shots taken with different exposure settings into a single high dynamic range image.
● Panorama Merge: Stitch together multiple images, including raw files, to create stunning panorama shots.
● Performance Improvements: Get more done, faster. Lightroom takes advantage of compatible graphics processors to boost its overall speed up to 10 times faster, especially in the Develop module.
● Facial Recognition: Easily find and organize photos of family and friends with new Facial Recognition features in Lightroom CC.
● Advanced video slideshows: Combine still images, video and music with professional effects like pan and zoom.
● Improved web galleries: Showcase your work in more elegant, engaging and interactive web galleries. New HTML5-compatible gallery templates work with the widest range of desktop and mobile browsers.
● Filter Brush: Precisely control which parts of your image are affected by the Graduated or Radial filters. Now you can use a brush to edit the filter’s mask, adding or subtracting filter effects wherever you want.
Lightroom on mobile
● Android Tablet Support: Previously only available on Android phones, now you can sync, edit, organize and share on Android tablets as well.
● Android SD card support: You can now specify local storage to an SD card rather than internal device storage.
● Native DNG support on Android: Android 5.0 (aka “Lollipop”) now allows you to shoot photos in raw, and saves them as DNG files. You can now import those DNG files directly from you Android device.
● Improved crop experience on iOS: We simplified the number of tiles in our crop UI so you can now easily find aspect ratios, and we added an auto-straighten function.
Sharing and storytelling options
● Support for more apps and devices: Lightroom is now more easily integrated with other Adobe apps like Adobe Voice and Slate on your iPad. You can also now use Lightroom on more devices, including Android tablets in addition to iOS phones, tablets and Android phones.
If you have Lightroom as part of your Creative Cloud subscription, you can download it now for no additional cost. Lightroom is part of the CC Photography plan that costs $9.99/month.
If you prefer a standalone product, Adobe has released Lightroom 6 for $149 (for those new to Lightroom) and $79 (for previous Lightroom customers). The standalone version of Lightroom does not have access to any of the mobile or web workflows supported by Creative Cloud