Instantly reach the people in your life—for free. Messenger is just like texting, but you don't have to pay for every message (it works with your data plan).
● Not just for Facebook friends: Message people in your phone book and just enter a phone number to add a new contact.
● Group chats: Create groups for the people you message most. Name them, set group photos and keep them all in one place.
● Photos and videos: Shoot videos and snap selfies or other photos right from the app and send them with one tap.
● Free calls: Talk as long as you want, even with people in other countries. (Calls are free over Wi-Fi. Otherwise, standard data charges apply.)
● Know when people have seen your messages.
● Forward messages or photos to people who weren't in the conversation.
● Search for people and groups to quickly get back to them.
● Turn on location to let people know when you're nearby.
● See who's available on Messenger and who's active on Facebook.
● Turn off notifications when you're working, sleeping or just need a break.
● Stay logged in so you never miss a message.
What's New In This Version:
● See more about who's contacting you: When someone messages you for the first time, you'll see info you have in common like mutual friends, groups you're both in and events you've attended together.
● Send a map of where you are, any place or pinned location: Now you can suggest a meeting spot, instantly update friends on where you are and so much more with just a few taps.
You can download Messenger from the App Store for free.