iOS 9 makes the entire operating system smarter, enhances the apps you use most, and integrates with iPad in remarkable ways.
Here is what's new:
● Siri is up to 40% faster and 40% more accurate.
● Now there are even more topics you can ask Siri about.
● Your device can now anticipate what you want to do next based on your location, the time, what app you have open, or what you’re connected to. For example, plug in your headphones or connect to your car, and iPhone can suggest a recent playlist or audiobook.
If you add a location to an event in Calendar, iPhone will suggest when you should leave.
● With iOS 9, you can search for more — including sports schedules, Netflix movies, and information inside apps.
● When you grab your iPhone in the morning, it can suggest apps to open based on your daily routines.
● If you want to be reminded of something you saw in Safari, your device can remind you to read that page.
● Notes app is redesigned to do much more. It lets you add a checklist of to-do items in Notes with just a tap. Access your camera from Notes to add a photo. And even use your finger to add a sketch. You can add content from Safari, Maps, and other apps directly to your notes. Notes will be available on Mac, iPad, and iPhone.
● A new Transit view in Maps includes directions for public transportation like buses, trains, subways, and ferries. Initially will launch in 10 major cities across the world and 300 cities across China.
● Apple has introduced a new News app that includes a curated selection of articles based on your interests.
● New Shortcut Bar makes writing on iPhone and iPad even simpler.
● Switching between apps has been redesigned.
● New Slide Over, Split View multitasking, Picture and Picture features for iPad.
● The built-in apps in iOS 9 now take advantage of Metal, delivering faster scrolling, smoother animation, and better overall performance.
● With average use, the iPhone 6 battery will last an additional hour with iOS 9.
● Two-factor authentication protects your Apple ID account and helps ensure only you have access.
● iOS 9 takes less free space than iOS 8 to install. So it’s easier than ever for you to update.
● New APIs including: GameplayKit, Model I/O, and ReplayKit
● Health app can now also track reproductive health, how often you’re seated, and UV exposure.
● HomeKit supports new accessories like home security systems and mechanical blinds and with iCloud Remote Access, you can control them no matter where you are.
● CarPlay is a smarter, safer way to use your iPhone in your car. And now it lets you connect wirelessly.
● Swift will be open source later this year, available for iOS, OS X, and Linux.
The iOS 9 developer beta is available today, and the public beta will be available in July. iOS 9 will be available to everyone this fall.
Please follow iClarified on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or RSS for updates.