We’re excited to announce that everyone who uses the Facebook for iPhone app can now read thousands of Instant Articles every day in News Feed. Starting today, people will see a lightning bolt on the top right corner of some stories shared in News Feed. The lightning bolt indicates it’s an Instant Article. When you tap the story, it loads ten times faster than a standard mobile web article.
● Instant Articles from NBC News feature autoplay videos that come to life and begin automatically as readers scroll through the story.
● The Atlantic’s photo blog in Instant Articles lets you zoom in and explore the details of high-resolution photos just by tilting your phone.
● Readers can engage more deeply with BuzzFeed’s Instant Articles by liking and commenting on individual photos and videos throughout the story.
● Beautiful photo galleries in Instant Articles from The New York Times are seamless to swipe through.
● National Geographic’s Instant Articles let readers explore where the story happened with geo-tagged images that open interactive maps.
Instant Articles is set to launch for Android later this year. A public beta is available today. iPhone users can download the Facebook app from here.