PHOTOSHOP CC 2015:
The update to Photoshop CC is a major one with new Artboard capabilities, direct import of SVG files that can be rescaled, a touch interface enabling users to work directly on the screen with a stylus or finger, and Creative Cloud Libraries improvements.
What's New in Photoshop CC:
● Design Space (Preview): Design Space is a workspace with new interactions and design-focused features that reduces clicks, mouse movements and clutter for designers – particularly those who are working on UI, mobile apps and websites.
● Artboard Improvements: Now you can sort layers by artboard, use guides contained within artboards to precisely place elements, quickly add new artboards to a document, and access additional artboard preferences for a customized look and feel.
● Customizable Toolbar: That’s right…you’ve been asking for this for years, and today that dream comes true.
● Touch-Enabled Interface: Photoshop now delivers a great experience on touch devices, including Surface Pro. The new touchable interface offers larger tab targets, the ability to swipe to scrub Undo/Redo/History, two-finger scroll lists, five-finger tap for full-screen, a larger Preset option, and easy access to soft keys for CMD, Option, Shift, and more.
● CC Libraries Improvements: Creative Cloud Libraries offer a more intuitive drag-and-drop experience; the ability to bulk import common content into a library; and the ability to add brushes directly from Photoshop. You can search for an element within a Library, and also search Adobe Stock assets and browse your search results directly from Photoshop.
● Font Favorites: quickly find the font you need by flagging individual fonts as favorites
● An improved Asset Export experience with support for all file formats (along with many other enhancements to this new feature area)
● Expanded SVG support: now you can open and place native SVG content in your Photoshop designs
● Glyph panel improvements so you can see your most recently used glyphs, choose to sort by Unicode value or Glyph ID, drag a glyph to generate a new type layer, create a vector path with Option-drag, and maintain a selected glyph when switching fonts
You can download the new Photoshop update from here.
FUSE CC (PREVIEW)
Adobe Fuse CC (Preview) is a desktop application that enables artists of any level or background to easily build 3D human characters in minutes. Designers with no previous 3D experience can quickly assemble unique combinations of existing body parts, clothing items and endless texturing options to make 3D characters to use in projects for graphic design, images and more.
Save your 3D characters directly to your CC Library and access them in Photoshop by simply dragging them into your document. Use the updated 3D Properties panel in Photoshop to choose from thousands of poses and animations to apply to your character.
● Build the unique character of your dreams in Fuse and work with a totally non-destructive workflow so that any modifications to size, shape, color or texture of the character will be applied in real-time
● Create thousands of types of characters of all shapes and sizes to use as a featured image or as crowds in the background of compositions
● Pose your character in Photoshop by choosing from a library that has close to 3000 options for any type of action or position you might need, then customize your chosen pose with a few sliders
● Realize the flexibility of tweaking the position and perspective of the character at any point in the creative process
● Take advantage of automatic updates to lighting, as you see shadows and highlights automatically adapt to changes made to your character
● Adjust facial expressions, conveying the mood and personality you want by on your 3D character’s face, or adjust head placement
● Get layouts approved before shooting a live model by posing a character in Photoshop and getting clients to sign off on the exact composition in advance
You can download Adobe Fuse CC (Preview) from here.