Our calendars should help us make the most of our time — scheduling meetings at work, remembering brunch with friends, and keeping track of all our other commitments. But often our to-do list is elsewhere, separate from the Calendar that organizes our day, and we end up overcommitted or miss something important because we forgot to check our list. Now there's a single way to manage your day: starting this week, you can create Reminders in Google Calendar to keep track of your to-dos alongside your scheduled events.
Here's some highlights from how Reminders work...
Reminders stick around
You might already create calendar entries to remind you to call the doctor or pick up groceries on the way home. But while those entries come and go, Reminders stick with you over time so you can track them until they are actually done. If a Reminder isn't completed, it will appear at the top of your Calendar the next day. And the next. When you do finally call the doctor or pick up those necessities, just swipe the Reminder away ... and you're onto the next to-do.
Reminders help with the details
Another way Reminders are more useful than events is that Calendar adds things like phone numbers and addresses automatically. So if you add a Reminder to make call or run an errand, the number or address will be right there when you need it
Reminders work across Google
You can also create Reminders from Inbox, Keep, and Google Now. This means you can create a Reminder when you're checking your email and it will show up on your calendar right away. Plans change? Just move the Reminder to a better time. Or if your hands are full, you can record your Reminders in Google Now一like, "Ok Google, remind me to buy birthday candles"一then mark it as done later in Calendar.
Google Calendar Features:
● Events from Gmail - Flight, hotel, concert, restaurant reservations and more are added to your calendar automatically.
● To-dos on your calendar - Use Reminders to create and view to-dos alongside your events.
● A new Schedule View - See your schedule at a glance with photos and maps of the places you’re going.
● Assists to fill in your calendar - You can quickly create events with smart suggestions for event titles, places and people.
● Different ways to view your calendar - Speedily switch between viewing a single day to getting an overview of multiple days at once.
● All your calendars in one, easy place - Google Calendar works with all calendars on your phone, including Exchange and iCloud.
What's New In This Version:
• Add to-dos to your calendar - Use Reminders to create and view to-dos alongside your events.
• Use 3D Touch to create events or reminders.
• Awaken the Force within you. Choose your side at https://www.google.com/starwars
You can download Google Calendar from the App Store for free.