Foxconn insiders have allegedly revealed that the device will feature an A9 processor, 1GB to 1.2GB of RAM, a 1624mAh battery, NFC, VoLTE, 16GB and 64GB of storage, and start at 3,688 yuan ($560). Production of the device is said to have already started ahead of a possible March unveiling.
9to5Mac has also heard that the device will be called the iPhone 5 SE and has added some specifications to the list:
● Curved glass like on the iPhone 6 and 6s lines
● 8 megapixel rear camera and 1.2 megapixel front camera from the iPhone 6
● Support for larger panoramas and autofocus for video recording
● Barometer for tracking elevation in the Health app
● The A8 and M8 chips from the iPhone 6 (Note: this differs from MyDrivers)
● Bluetooth 4.2, VoLTE, and 802.11ac WiFi chips from the iPhone 6s
● Live Photos from the iPhone 6s
It's expected that Apple will discontinue the iPhone 5s and replace it with the iPhone 5SE.
Would you prefer a 4-inch iPhone with the design of the iPhone 5s or the design of the iPhone 6? Let us know what you think in the comments.
You can follow iClarified on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or RSS for updates on the device ahead of its expected launch in March.