Siri Shortcuts deliver a new, much faster way to get things done with the ability for any app to work with Siri. Siri intelligence can suggest an action at just the right time — whether it’s to order a coffee in the morning or start an afternoon workout. Users can customize Shortcuts by creating a simple voice command to kick off the task or download the new Shortcuts app to create a series of actions from different apps that can be carried out with a simple tap or customized voice command. It’s easy for developers to take advantage of this new capability using Shortcut APIs.
Known Issues in Shortcuts Beta 1
• Limited actions available in beta. (41726632)
• iCloud syncing of shortcuts is not yet available.(39368432)
• Some actions do not appear when running custom shortcuts in Siri. (41726785)
• Shortcuts cannot open apps when run from Siri when the device is locked. (41307405)
• Shortcuts provided to the INVoiceShortcutCenter suggested shortcuts API are not available when viewing an app's actions in Shortcuts app. (40564970)
Developers can request access to the Shortcuts beta at the link below. If you have the Workflow app installed, your workflows will be migrated to shortcuts upon installing the Shortcuts beta.